My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

From the Big H, the Revell single seat Eurofighter Typhoon, which is as good if not BETTER than was described on here. One awesome kit, specially the weapon fit and the mind blowing decal sheet!

2 x Xtradecal white stripes for general use.

A BA 777 decal sheet for what is probably an obvious Whiff after my 777-900.  ;D

What I thought was a Pavla PR Spitfire decal sheet but which turned out to be a decal sheet AND a comprehensive PR Spit conversion kit!  :thumbsup:

Yeah, yeah, I KNOW I'm meant to be reducing my Loft stock, but some stuff just has to be bought.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2012, 11:27:24 AM
From the Big H, the Revell single seat Eurofighter Typhoon, which is as good if not BETTER than was described on here. One awesome kit, specially the weapon fit and the mind blowing decal sheet!

AKA the Modern NATO weapon set with free Typhoon.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Wooksta!

Another ebay win:

High Planes Seafire IIc
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Martin H on February 24, 2012, 01:14:22 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2012, 11:27:24 AM

AKA the Modern NATO weapon set with free Typhoon.

its much the same with RoG's 1/72  RAF :tornado: too. this also comes with an impressive stack of weapons.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Two of the new Airfix Gnats from the local hobby shop. :wub: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

first stash addition in over a month  :mellow:

a Revell 1/72 F-4F Phantom II
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

Fromthe LHS:

Airfix Spitfire IXc

Hae a cunning plan to turn it into mkXII or at least something with asingle stage Griffon.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

Additions to my stash via todays Crewe show.

As per normal. All 1/72nd scale.

AMT Boeing KC-135R (part started, so going to be the base for an RC-135W conversion)
Academy NA P-51D Mustang.
Matchbox BAC Lightning F-2A/F-6. (part started, and at only £2 not to be sniffed at)
Hasagawa Kawasaki Ki-48 Lilly. Looks a bit like a Japanese Hampden.
Hasagawa Mitsubishi G4M-1 Betty with attendant Ohka.
Italeri Aermacchi MB-326.
Unfortunately,

Army of One

OGL wouldn't have got one of those Japanese bombers if it weren't for me.....actualy...think I found the other one for him..... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

From the Crewe Show:

Nu-Bee (Plasticart) 1/72nd Beriev Be-6

Minicraft 1/144th Boeing KC-97 - to be cross-kitted with an EC-121 Warning Star (if I can find one)

Keilkraft 1/76th Edinburgh Standard Tram

Heller 1/72nd NA T-28 Trojan/Fennec

Heller 1/72nd Heinkel He 112 BO/B1 - steal at a fiver (seen them go for £17 on ebay!) particularly since it's "sealed" box turned out to have a spare set of engine cowlings and Rumanian decals in it.... :mellow:

Lindberg 1/72nd Heinkel He 100

Matchbox 1/72nd Dassault Mirage III - for £2.50, which was particularly sweet since I'd just watched somebody pay £10 for one on the stall next door.... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on February 26, 2012, 04:14:49 PM

Heller 1/72nd Heinkel He 112 BO/B1 - steal at a fiver (seen them go for £17 on ebay!) particularly since it's "sealed" box turned out to have a spare set of engine cowlings and Rumanian decals in it.... :mellow:

Amazingly generous those Heller people!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 27, 2012, 02:09:45 AM
Quote from: Weaver on February 26, 2012, 04:14:49 PM

Amazingly generous those Heller people!  ;D

Indeed, although I'm having trouble visualising the "industrial accident" that left the decal sheet cut in half in a squared-off wiggly line.... ;)

- Indiana Jones

Army of One

Haul from Crewe is as follows...all 1/72 scale.... Italeri Spit MkV tropical one....Dassault Ouragan by Heller, Hasegawa Ki43 Oscar, and the bargain of the day.....6 Hase a/c weapon boxes for £1 each...!! Some bits missing but all the stuff I want is there....bargain..!!! Also got a Su35 In 1/144 by Dragon....coulda bought loads more....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Aircav

A 1/200 Dragon Avro Vulcan, for a project. The canopy is too low and theres something odd about the rear end but you do get two wing pylons so they must be doing a Black Buck version somethime in the future, not worth the RRP though, not worth what I payed for it come to think of it.  ;)
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Martin H

Quote from: Army of One on February 26, 2012, 01:13:27 PM
OGL wouldn't have got one of those Japanese bombers if it weren't for me.....actualy...think I found the other one for him..... ;D

yeap, what with me being only 5 foot six, having the services of a 7 foot giant to reach the top boxes on the Collectakit stand was most usefull  :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Hank  ;D
Unfortunately,