My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Went completely daft at the Weston Show y'day and bought a proper spray booth to assist my new-found airbrushing campaign! Mrs PR19 was wholly impressed that I wasn't intending to pong out the whole house with fumes, even though we'll have a big pipe hanging out of the model room window while I'm doing it....

After trying to buy a flame-proof fan motor locally for about 2 weeks, to add to my existing cardboard box booth I saw this pukka booth for sale at the show for £50, a new one like it would cost another £100 on top of that, so it came home with me! I'm currently trying to assemble it, but the builder's English seems to be somewhat lacking so it's a good thing I'm an engineer and have a feel for these things....  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 04, 2012, 02:50:22 AM
I'm currently trying to assemble it, but the builder's English seems to be somewhat lacking so it's a good thing I'm an engineer and have a feel for these things....  ;)

You'll need a 5 year old to help  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

JayBee

it's a good thing I'm an engineer and have a feel for these things....  ;)

Oh Gods, NO  :blink:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on March 04, 2012, 05:43:19 AM
it's a good thing I'm an engineer and have a feel for these things....  ;)

Oh Gods, NO  :blink:

Well it's done, so there.  ;D

Works a treat too, spraying matt black results in a 'smoke screen' blasting out of the Model Room window.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 04, 2012, 06:15:17 AM
Works a treat too, spraying matt black results in a 'smoke screen' blasting out of the Model Room window.  ;D :lol:

Have you notified the local Fire Bregade just in case they think you have set your house on fire with those smoke signals?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on March 04, 2012, 06:33:27 AM
Have you notified the local Fire Bregade just in case they think you have set your house on fire with those smoke signals?

Hehehe, that may be a good idea! One of them lives just up the road, I'll give him the word....  ;D

Regards
Kit

lancer

Quote from: Aircav on March 03, 2012, 11:36:13 AM
Your buying a bit to much Japanese stuff at the mo Martin.  ;D

Maybe he's thinking of defecting to Gary Wenko's Japanese SIG?????
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Howard of Effingham

from the peterborough show....

Meng Models 1/35 pickup truck [new to me chinese model company and a decent looking kit too]
heller 1/72 LEO 451
valom 1/72 blackburn firebrand

various assorted bits of HP halifax resin from freightdog! [thank-you colin!  ;D ]
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

There was one extra in the care package from RotorheadTX that I forgot to mention:
Aeroclub Spitfire FXII vacform fuselage conversion.

A "hostage swap" at Uncle Frank's on saturday saw me releasing an MPM Bf 109G-12 two seater in return for a bag full of vacform bits:

Aeroclub
2 x Spitfire F.XII
2 x Spitfire F.XIV
2 x Spitfire F.XVII
1 x Spitfire E wing
plus an ID Models Spitfire Floatplane conversion.  That got passed to Willie who's after floats.

One thing I did get passed a while back - at 'uddersfield -  and forgot to mention it was another Aeroclub Spitfire fuselage, an F.XIVc.  Decided to have a sort out to see just how many of these things I have and found out that it was quite a lot!  Oddly, I never got the Seafire F.XV conversion he did.  Never ever seen one.

Mind, I could do with a few more of the Seafire F.XVII conversions to do some late XIIs with a cut down fuselage and big rudder.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

On layby at Uncle Frank's:

2 x Falcon Spitfire Special Canopy sets
2 x Falcon RAF Fighters pt 1
2 x Quick Boost Griffon engine cowling (have you tried assembling the Fujimi & Ventura ones?  Nightmare city)
2 x Master Spitfire E wing cannons.  Stunning turned brass barrels.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Aircav

x4 New Airfix 1/72 Airfix Gnats from my place of employ.  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

The Wooksta!

From Kitbasher:

Ventura Spitfire F22
(The wing will go on a Ventura F.14 to do a 21 and the wing from that goes on this to do an F.18 hybrid)
Aeroteam Spitfire F21
(Slated for conversion to Seafire F.45)

Plus some Airkit Spitfire F22 tail surfaces.  These will finish a box of Airkit bits I bought from Neil Robinson a few years back into a complete Spitfire F22.  Have a soft spot for that kit.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

From the big H

Valom 1/72 Saro Cloud flying boat  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy:

1/72 Frog Sea Hornet F.3
1/72 Finemolds TIE Interceptor
1/72 Finemolds X-Wing
1/48 Hase Phantom FG.1 w. Black Box cockpit and Aeromaster decals
1/48 Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat

So I got that going for me...which is nice....