My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Couple of Eduard masks inc. one for the Revell 1/72 Ju 88 which is really usefull
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Aircav on May 22, 2012, 09:37:45 AM
A cheap unstarted 1/48 Hasegawa HSS-2B Sea King with a cracked cockpit canopy off ebay, just need a canopy now.  ;) ;D
Can you fix it with Future (if a replacement is too hard to find)? :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

A boxfull of assorted Hurricane aftermarket bits from TonyC on Britmodeller.  Also includes an Aeroclub Sea Fury u/c, which I want for either my next Hawker Furious or the P.1030 Super Fury.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

pyro-manic

Airfix Chipmunk T.10. To become a light observation/attack machine with RPs and a gun pod.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Aircav

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 23, 2012, 03:10:57 AM
Quote from: Aircav on May 22, 2012, 09:37:45 AM
A cheap unstarted 1/48 Hasegawa HSS-2B Sea King with a cracked cockpit canopy off ebay, just need a canopy now.  ;) ;D
Can you fix it with Future (if a replacement is too hard to find)? :-\

It looks like its been squashed on one side so I don't think Future will help but it is the left side and I'm thinking of doing a Shortsky so I may be about to work round it.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

McColm

Won on eBay this morning;
Airbrush starter kit
1/24 Metal kit Range Rover fire tender.

Great news, I've got my PayPal account re-installed.

Army of One

Just picked up this am from NARSES2 at the usual meeting place and all in 1/72....an Airfix Ju87B....a Revell Ju87B which is leagues ahead of the Airfix one....and a dauntless....a testors boxing which appears to be a mix of two different kits.....all very reasonably priced....many thanks Chris....see you again soon......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

The Revell and Airfix Ju 87B are both of the same 1970s vintage and both equally good.  The 70s toolings of the Airfix Stuka benefitted from the research they did for the 24th scale kit.  The Series 2 kit was a simplified version of the Series 3 kit and I have fond memories of both, the former being one of the earliest kits I built.  The Revell one has slightly better internal detailing and an engine but the Airfix one is a better fit.

From ebay:
2 of the new AZ Spitfire Mk VIIIs

From Deathjester:
3D Spitfire II Rotol prop conversion.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Army of One

Wooks....I'll take your word for it.....the Revell kit looks much newer tooling and no engine with it...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

They did a B and a D which shared some sprues.  It's possible that the B didn't have the engine - I never got that one.  They may have recently reboxed the Italeri kit though.  With not building Luftwaffe anymore, it's not something I would have noticed.

If the panel lines are raised, it's the Revell tool. Recessed, Italeri.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Mossie

Impulse buy, Zvezda 1/72 Hind A.  Looks like it'll build into a beautiful model oob, but boy is it complex!  Fully detailed cokcpit, cabin, gearbox and engine bays.  Trouble is I'll be building it until Christmas 2040!

Hank, did you ever finish your naval Hind A?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

Mossie......nope,it is stalled.....it is a bit more involved build due to the fact it involves changing stuff. Due to the generosity of other members I have all the parts I need....just gotta put them together....the only thing I wasn't sure about was the landing gear configuration.....oh...and the fact I am using the Airfix kit.....I got a few of the Mi 24VE kits and they are awesome....I will do it one day....I will....!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

Had a raid on the Modelzones in the Trafford Centre and the middle of Manchester this morinng. No Academy Broncos I'm sorry to report, but I did get the following:

4 x Revell 1/460th USS Long Beach kits for £5.00 each (RRP £17....) . The plan is to keep one, then drip-feed the others onto ebay in 12 month's time when the current glut has passed.

3 x Academy 1/72nd M977 8x8 cargo trucks for £5.00 each. Lots of possibilities, from PW to moon buggies.

1 x Airfix 1/72nd Strikemaster for £5.00. Loads of ideas....

Things I looked at but passed on:

Airfix Alpha Jets for £5.00
Airfix Hs-123s for £3.50
Cyber Hobby 1/700th Long Beachs, and the various LCS models for £12ish each
Revell 1/144th Type 209 subs for £5(?) each.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

Finally received today, Postie was an idiot so it took a while to get it  :banghead:

from eBay 1 x 1/144 Revell KC-10, admittedly the seller did say that there was no German ECR Tornado in the kit but I have asked if they still have parts 52, 53 and 54 from the weapons sprue which make up the hose and drogue.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....