My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Is that the later Key reprint?  That's the one to have because it's got some expanded sections in it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Kerrillc

From Comet, I picked up the following: a KP MiG -15, a Hasegawa  F11-F1 Tiger and a Ventura Supermarine Spitfire Mk 18.
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Radish

From Staffordshire Moorlands today:

1/72nd Hasegawa RF-101C...£7 :wub: :wub:
1/72nd Hobbycraft CF-105
1/72nd PM Horton 229 x 2
1/72nd Hobbyboss A-10A....made it at the show.
1/72nd Hobbyboss Bf-109G-10
1/72nd Hobbyboss Hurricane IIc(Trop)...made it at the show.
1/24th SMER Talbot racing car 1947.....it'll be a Meerkat Steampunk vehicle.
1/48th Hobbycraft La-7

Happy days....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Kerrillc on July 01, 2012, 01:47:45 PM
From Comet, I picked up ... a Ventura Supermarine Spitfire Mk 18.

It's rough but with careful clean up, it'll look good.  Key is to sand a little, test fit and repeat until it's bang on.  Bin (at least as far as your decalbox*) the kit decals as they're rubbish and have a word with Freightdog as Colin does some very nice decals for the mk 18.

Use the Airfix 22 as apattern for the cockpit interior as you'll have to scratch most of it. the canopy is by Falcon and it's superb.

*IIRC you only get one option in the kit and they printed some of the colours wrong so you got an addendum set.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Kerrillc

Thanks for the advice, I see what you mean about the decals, they look weird!
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Mossie

JB Models L118/M119 105mm Light Gun from Deathjester.  You get two in the box.  They'll be real world, a desert one to go with my Landie one tonner already built, the other a ceremonial gun.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

From Hobby Easy a Meng Models 1/72 Mansyu Ki-98. Looks very nice in the box. Each sprue (only 2) is individually packed as is the canopy. really nice full colour instruction booklet and the transfer sheet has 3 options for late 1945 : A IJA aircraft, a Manchukuo AF example and a Siamese AF example with those wonderfull "White Elephant" national markings  :wub:

Looks great in the box, just need to see how it goes together. Also only took a week from Hong Kong  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Isn't Colin getting those in?  He did with the Meng Japanese bat thing.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Martin H

two new arrivals from Ebay

Aeroclub Gloster Meteor T-7.
Dragon Arado Ar234P night fighter.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Received today from the Big Yellow H

1 x 1/72 Fairey Spearfish by Magna Models

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Be prepared for a lot of sanding with it!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 02, 2012, 03:42:32 PM
Be prepared for a lot of sanding with it!

Yup. Looks good when finished but as Lee says loads of sanding. Wear a mask or do wet
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

The fuselage took a lot of work to close up and the wing roots needed a fair bit to allow them to fit into the groove.  IIRC, on mine I used a Contrail white metal prop rather than the kit horror and the u/c & doors are a relative nightmare to work out.

I think the Contrail vacform is less work, TBH.  It was certainly a lot more fun.  At least you could open up the long weapons bay.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 03, 2012, 02:23:57 AM
The fuselage took a lot of work to close up and the wing roots needed a fair bit to allow them to fit into the groove.  IIRC, on mine I used a Contrail white metal prop rather than the kit horror and the u/c & doors are a relative nightmare to work out.

I think the Contrail vacform is less work, TBH.  It was certainly a lot more fun.  At least you could open up the long weapons bay.

It's going to get a radome fitted over the weapon bay so no problem there.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

pyro-manic

Skyraider/Gannet radome? Should be an interesting-looking beast!

Today, via ebay, one Fujimi 1:76 Schwimmwagen, which comes in a set with a Pak36 AT gun and a BMW motorbike/sidecar combi. The schwimmwagen will be introduced to something from the Blohm und Voss stable. The other bits will be spares for now, though the '36 might get thrown into the above build as well... :wacko:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<