My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 27, 2012, 01:03:29 AM
Quote from: JayBee on August 26, 2012, 02:31:38 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 26, 2012, 11:27:49 AM
Was tempted by some Scotch pies from Morrisons when I did my shopping earlier (but forgot the Weetabix - d'oh!) and had one for lunch.  Wished I hadn't.  Bland and tasteless.

Realy Lee, what do you expect buying from an english supermarket. You surely do not think that the best would be exported South of the border.  :wacko:

OK what's a Scotch pie....meat, potatoe ? Hot, Cold ?

Can't beat a really good steak and kidney pie from "Piemaster" although their lamb one is very good. Favourite pork pies are from the "Pie Man" in Borough Market...superb  :bow: :wub:

Any way back on subject. Added another Airfix Spitfire 22 to the stash, it looked all forlorn and lonely sitting there on the shelf  :-X

Scotch pie  ;D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_pie
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I remember getting them on holiday in Scotland as a kid.  Loved them then but due to their fried nature, try not to have them too often these days, usually two or three times a year.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

Through Amazon...

Revell 1/72nd He219 Uhu.....for Danish AF. ;)
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Army of One

Delivered today while I was asleep of nights.....a box from MZ....ordered online 2x 1/48 Revell cobra AH1....mainly for the weapons n optics....£5.99 each.....was only gonna get one but with postage it was only marginally more to get 2 n take it over £10 for free delivery.....didn't realise but when they turned up they were starter kits.....so glue,brush n four paints....all useful.....bargain I think as they are £18 normaly.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Gondor

From Freightdog a couple of items to help dress a few models

a pair of 1/72 Radar Red Top with launch rails

1 x set 25lb practice bomb carriers

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Off ebay (cheeky bid which I hadn't expected to win):

AZ Spitfire F.VIII "SEAC"

I now have all of their Mk 8s, so need to catch up with the mk 9s.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on August 29, 2012, 11:28:58 AM

May I ask how? I can't see them on the Freightdog site....... :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitnut617

Quote from: Weaver on August 30, 2012, 08:53:47 AM

PM Colin on here, some time ago I asked him if I could get eight Red Dean and eight Firestreak missiles for a project I have planned.  He kindly responded to my request and they were reasonable priced too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Steel Penguin

one bolt action games churchill crocadile.   :tank: burny burny
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Hobbes

I found a model kit by Haynes. It's a working model of an internal combustion engine:

It looks nice, if a bit basic. Maybe I should add two double carburettors and a spaghetti exhaust?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on August 30, 2012, 12:02:06 PM
It looks nice, if a bit basic. Maybe I should add two double carburettors and a spaghetti exhaust?

And a turbo too..........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I phoned Colin using the number from a Freightdog advert in a modelling magazine.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Mossie

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 30, 2012, 09:38:35 AM

PM Colin on here, some time ago I asked him if I could get eight Red Dean and eight Firestreak missiles for a project I have planned.  He kindly responded to my request and they were reasonable priced too.

Yeah, I've taken this approach too, Colin sometimes has a few hanging around that aren't on the website.  He's also been willing to split parts from sets for me in the past too, as Robert says for a very reasonable price.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

A set of 1/24 Aber Car Seat Belt Fasteners off ebay and all the way from Australia in a week.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader