My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

[/quote]

They got there ok then Andy ? Didn't realise a fellow wiffer had helped me with my stash scale down  ;D
[/quote]

Indeed they did - didn't make the connection myself - Should have spotted the Croydon newspaper packaging and twigged. Arrived safely but they keep calling out for their friends in your stash....Seems such a shame to keep them apart, maybe I can help re-house more ?  ;D
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Hobbes

Quote from: McColm on September 02, 2012, 02:01:09 AM

1/24 Aoshima MGB Roadster with etched parts and chrome bumpers.

As to the roadster, I'm not sure if there was a V8 roadster ever built. I know there was the GT V8 and the RV8. I've seen enclosed headlights similar to the ones used on the Jaguar E-type and the Italians had a go at redesigning the MGB.
I might just build this one straight from the box.

I don't think there ever was an official V8 roadster before the RV8, but there have been conversions: http://www.mgcars.org.uk/v8_conversions/rogv8.html

The enclosed headlights were used on rally cars, iirc.

McColm

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on September 02, 2012, 03:26:10 AM
I don't think there ever was an official V8 roadster before the RV8, but there have been conversions:

The 'official' MGB V8 was never available for sale as a roadster, only in the MGB GT bodyshell.

The V8 that triggered MG into making their V8 was the 1969/1970 Costello V8 that was converted in both forms and really shook up the factory. They'd just spent lots of money on making the MGC with its hefty 6 cylinder engine and this upstart comes along and blows the doors off their new model with one that's faster and LIGHTER than even the original 1800cc engined cars!

Costello V8

I was just about to leave the motor industry at the time and was spending quite some time at Abingdon with the development team there and they were pretty shocked, to say the least!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

Back from the East Riding Model Show, we had a good time as a club and burst Ian's cherry as an exhibitor, said he'd do more show's so it couldn't of been too bad.  ;D
New additions to the stash are :-

1/48 Airfix TSR.2 and a 1/72 Italeri HO4S-3, both from Terry
1/48 Tamiya Matilda
1/48 Eduard Fokker E.V
1/72 Heller SAAB J-21
1/72 Heller Dewoitne D510
1/72 Heller Allouette III
1/72 Hobbycraft DHC-3 Otter
1/72 Pavla Curtiss O-52 Owl
1/72 Alfa Jak-6
1/72 ZTS Plastyk RWD-5BIS

Most of the 1/72 stuff was from the same guy and about 3 quid each.  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

The Wooksta!

Saw him but there were no Spitfires other than ye olde Heller Vb and I've enough of them.  Although he did have a Contrail white metal Spearfish prop in a box.  That'll do nicely for one of my Magna ones when I come to do an AEW from it.

Only bought one kit - AZ Spitfire VIII - the Australian boxing.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

After hearing all the noise about the new Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk.22/24, I finally got one this weekend.  Along with an Academy 1/72 PBY-4 and PBY-5a (this one I got a week ago) and also a 1/48 Classic Airframes De Havilland DH.103 Hornet.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Green Dragon

Got a toy fire station from Kleeneze coz it has a largeish CH-46-oid helo in the set that resemebles a VTOL medevac design I drew up several years ago. Also came with a Hughes 500 around 1/100th scale plus two fore engine types and a car that's about 1/72nd. Unfortunately its all some kind of PVC instead of styrene but I should be able to do something with it.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

Quote from: Bungle on September 02, 2012, 02:39:24 AM

Indeed they did - didn't make the connection myself - Should have spotted the Croydon newspaper packaging and twigged. Arrived safely but they keep calling out for their friends in your stash....Seems such a shame to keep them apart, maybe I can help re-house more ?  ;D

I should have made the user name connection as well  ;D

There will be more going on E-Bay, the collection is way, way to large and in all honesty a lot of it was bought when I first got back in the hobby and dosn't interest me anymore
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Remember to keep me in mind for any Spitfires!  IIRC, I passed a link for the Rikugun to Andy last week
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 03, 2012, 01:56:22 AM
Remember to keep me in mind for any Spitfires!  IIRC, I passed a link for the Rikugun to Andy last week

If there are any I'll be in touch, might be some but they'll be older models that have been replaced by newer toolings
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

The first delivery of an "undisclosed number" of 1/48th and 1/72nd P-47Ds arrived today.....all by Hobbyboss.
They'll all most likely appear in slightly "tweaked" real-ish schemes, but the occasional out and out bonkers one will see the light of day.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Aircav

Quote from: Radish on September 03, 2012, 02:38:45 AM
The first delivery of an "undisclosed number" of 1/48th and 1/72nd P-47Ds arrived today

You told me the number yesterday.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

Aye....well, I under-estimated ;D ;D

6 x 1/48th P-47Ds today (plus a lonely 1/48th P-51D by Hobbyboss too.)

Wonder what a P-47D would look like in 357th FG colours....red/yellow checks on the cowling, plus nose art, plus partialcamouflage, eh, eh :o
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

From the Big H -

Special Hobby Douglas B-18 Bolo. I'm thinking RAAF as a bomber in the early stages of the conflict in New Guinea
Special Hobby Spitfire F.21. The WWII boxing *

Both in 1/72

* Having now inspected this there are loads of spares in the rather large tray type box. 5 rudders, of which 2 have hooks, 5 bladed and contra props, various wheels and other bits and bobs  :thumbsup: