My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Won on eBay,
My first ever 1/48 kit a Heller Mirage IVP
and if the spare parts from an odd 1/110 SR-71 kit fit, a twin fin (RF-19 thingy). If not, i'll think of something else!!

1/72 Trumpeter N.A. F-107A, a straight from the box build
1/72 SB-17 Flying Fortress, been after one of these for ages. Main wing at the rear, cunards at the front. Seen a picture of this design not too sure if this was a 'real world' or a doctored photo. Or I might just  build a civvie version.

1/24
Two AMT Fords, one Taurus saloon (European Granada). Already building a two door Coupe.
The other a 1989 Ford Probe. This could be the prototype, as the box art is square rather than the curves of the production model.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 04, 2012, 12:50:44 AM
Special Hobby Spitfire F.21. The WWII boxing *
* Having now inspected this there are loads of spares in the rather large tray type box. 5 rudders, of which 2 have hooks, 5 bladed and contra props, various wheels and other bits and bobs  :thumbsup:

I did mention all this a week or so back.  A quick comparison with an Xtrakit F22 reveals that whilst they may have been from the same masters, they're definitely not the same tooling.I'll quite happily accept any spares you may wish to part with!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

6 x Hobbyboss P-47Ds. (2 in 1/48th, 4 in 1/72nd) :thumbsup:

Blue Nosed "B*stards of Bodney"? 20th FG? ;)

The irst 1/48th built will be postwar ANG as I've some nice ANG decals....I'll also add, of course, nose art to everything!!

:wacko: :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 04, 2012, 10:55:03 AM
* Having now inspected this there are loads of spares in the rather large tray type box. 5 rudders, of which 2 have hooks, 5 bladed and contra props, various wheels and other bits and bobs  :thumbsup:

I did mention all this a week or so back.  A quick comparison with an Xtrakit F22 reveals that whilst they may have been from the same masters, they're definitely not the same tooling.I'll quite happily accept any spares you may wish to part with!

I realise you did Lee, I was just suprised at the amount. I'll bear you in mind for spares as I'm unlikely to use them as I'm mainly an out of the box builder
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

one Special Hobby Douglas B-18 Bolo from Hannants. ( a 2nd example is on the way from an Ebay trader in Poland.)
one A model IL-40 Brawny via Ebay.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

Via fleabay.....a 1/72 AH58D warrior by Italeri....1/35 dragon soviet motorised troops and for some inexplicable reason.....a Revell (Monogram.....?) 1/25 dodge viper GTS.....I do love this style of Viper.....dunno what I'm gonna do with it.....first thing springs to mind is a high speed pursuit vehicle of a future national police force.....like the MFP......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2012, 07:17:45 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 04, 2012, 10:55:03 AM

I realise you did Lee, I was just suprised at the amount. I'll bear you in mind for spares as I'm unlikely to use them as I'm mainly an out of the box builder

The Seafire F46 bits (well, the sting section) fit the Airfix F22 quite nicely.  Means I can get cracking with that one sharpish.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Glenn

Today, picked up a 1/72 EMW A 9 and a 1/48 Pfalz D.111 (Glencoe)
Glenn

Howard of Effingham

yesterday....

1/72 airfix fairey swordfish floatplane.... thinking coastal patrol a/c for the IAC or KLu early WW2.

its a good kit with plenty for the spares box
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

From MZ in Croydon I to picked up the Airfix 1/72 Swordfish floatplane, probably real world build
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Rescued from my local Postal sorting office

1 x 1/72 Fujimi RF-4E to be made into an RF-4M

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Spey_Phantom

3 new additions

Airfix 1/72 Boulton-Paul Defiant NF1
Zvezda 1/144 Bf109e
Zvezda 1/144 Lagg-3
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

bigarv65

Attended Supercon in Fort Worth and got some great new additions to my parts/idea pile:

The Missouri, Essex and South Dakota
2x M1E Abrams and a Chieftain (1/72)
Kamov K1-25a/c and a Hoplite
Me 262, A-20c and a Bronco
Suzuki 500cc

None of which will survive as what they were molded to be :)
And I had to fight the urge to buy up A-10s everywhere just to get the engine pods.  It's a compulsion of mine.
"He got down from his horse, which seemed strange to him as he had always believed that you got down from a duck or a goose."

perttime

Airfix 1:48 Seafire 46/47

... will the spare wing wing fit something else? Say Airfix Seafire 17?

Leading Observer

Actually it didn't, but I managed not to spend an absolute fortune at Duxford yesterday ;D ;D ;D
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures