My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

P7665 was a Spitfire IIa and I don't think Airfix ever modelled that Mark, and I can't find any record of YT.L in any of the Airfix history books either. Anyone else know different?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

martinbayer

I found a few records of a 1/72 Revell model with that code, but not Airfix.

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

luft46models

Thanks,  sounds like it is the Revell one,
Is it still available?

Army of One

Delivered by the post man this am while SWMBO'D was still in bed....an eBay win package....1/700 Trumpeter Kirov cruiser, 1/72 Zvezda recon version of su24 Fencer and Italeri A129 Mangusta....the Kirov is an absolutely spanking kit......!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: luft46models on October 13, 2012, 01:11:10 AM
Thanks,  sounds like it is the Revell one,
Is it still available?

I think you'd need to look on E-bay. The only current Revell Spitfire (AFAIK) is a Mk V although there is a Mk I ? in one of the multi kit boxings they do
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Revell lists Mk 1 and MK II Spitfires in larger sizes. At least one of them seems to be a re-issue. The LHS mentions them too but their list is not always up to date.

Spey_Phantom

new additions today:

Revell 1/72 Eurofighter Typhoon (single seater)
Revell 1/72 P-26 Peashooter
and 2 new pairs of boots to kick JNM arses with  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on October 06, 2012, 09:47:59 AM
From a local toy/hobby shop, a Matchbox Hot Wheels 6x6 ATV. It looks to be about 1/76th ish scale, which means it should be possible to tidy it up, detail it and re-paint it into something useful:

Picked up another couple of these today: they're a devastating £1.25 each, so why not?

Also got one of these:

Called a "Sahara Survivor" and scales to 1/72nd reasonably well. How hard is it going to be to convert that into a WMIK look-alike? In fact I see from the internet that it's already available in an Army colour scheme....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Steel Penguin

went to the local hobby craft in the hope that the new airfix stuff would be there,  no dice.  when i asked the staff they just looked kind of blank and said " the next order will be in whenever"   i get the feeling that they arnt the ones who cover the kit section. :blink:.  Just a tad dissapointed,  so put a small order in to hasslefree to make up, some hazmat suits and some " damm kids" to foil the old ma in the scary monster suits plan.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Army of One

Weaver....the Sahara Survivour.....u that a metal chassis with plastic uppers...??? Reasonably lightweight....??? Not a solid lump so to speak.....??...H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Aircav

Back from our three shops stop trip and I got the following,
from Halifax,
1/35 Bronco A13 Mk.1 Cruiser
1/35 MiniArt House Accessories

from Haworth,
1/72 Italeri AS-332 Super Puma
1/72 Italeri AS-532 Cougar

and from Preston,
1/72 Trumpeter JL-8
1/48 Hobbyboss FB-111
1/76 Oxford Coventry Climax Pump Trailer

Four of us went in the end, Paul, Ian, John and me, great day and lots of fun.  :thumbsup: ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Quote from: Army of One on October 13, 2012, 10:28:45 AM
Weaver....the Sahara Survivour.....u that a metal chassis with plastic uppers...??? Reasonably lightweight....??? Not a solid lump so to speak.....??...H

Yes, basically the black bit is one piece of die-cast metal the orange bit is one piece of plastic and so is the white bit (which is also the whole chassis as well).  That's why you have some oddities like the orange spare tire and the black jerry cans by the doors. All three bits are riveted together: I understand that these can be Dremelled off quite easily.

I'm thinking the 6x6 ATVs would go well with Airfix astronauts, all suitably re-painted in a UFO/Space1999ish style.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

From the Glasgow show earlier today

1 x 1/72 Hassegawa F-111A to convert to a F-111K (My previous purchase of an EF-111A will now become an EF-111K)
1 x 1/72 Italaira B-26K
1 x 1/72 Dragon P-61A
1 x 1/72 Odds & Ordinance SUU-23

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on October 13, 2012, 01:45:42 PM

I'm thinking the 6x6 ATVs would go well with Airfix astronauts, all suitably re-painted in a UFO/Space1999ish style.

[/quote

It would indeed.

Quote from: Aircav on October 13, 2012, 11:59:56 AM

Four of us went in the end, Paul, Ian, John and me, great day and lots of fun.  :thumbsup: ;D

Why do I have this image of "Last of the Summer Wine" in my head ?  :wacko: ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Ah, but we went to the places with funny accents instead of coming from them.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader