My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Possibly because the Hokum looks cooler.  Certainly looks less clunky than the real thing.  Think Airwolf rather than Blue Thunder.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Delivered this am from fleabay......an Italeri 1/72 A6E....really quite impressed with this kit.....engraved panel lines, reasonable cockpit detail, basic wing fold and a useful warload.....good choice of decals as well....if I was going to use them.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

Pre-spent some birthday money in Modelzone today:

Trumpeter 1/72nd Chinese FC-1 prototype (the one with conventional air intakes), reduced from £15.99 to £9.99

They've got a 3 for 2 offer on all Airfix and Revell at the moment, so I also got:

1/700th HMS Tiger (well cheap at £8.99)
1/72nd NATO Pilots
1/72nd EC145 Police version

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

Quote from: Weaver on November 03, 2012, 11:36:15 AM

Trumpeter 1/72nd Chinese FC-1 prototype (the one with conventional air intakes), reduced from £15.99 to £9.99

They've got a 3 for 2 offer on all Airfix and Revell at the moment, so I also got:

1/72nd NATO Pilots

H......what is the EC145 kit like....?? I have the 1/32 version and that is lovely....do you get the nitesun light and the optic ball.....??......many thanks...a bigger H

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

Quote from: Army of One on November 04, 2012, 12:57:06 AM
Quote from: Weaver on November 03, 2012, 11:36:15 AM

1/72nd NATO Pilots

H......what is the EC145 kit like....?? I have the 1/32 version and that is lovely....do you get the nitesun light and the optic ball.....??......many thanks...a bigger H

It looks good: complex moulding in white plastic with just a smidgeon of flash.

It makes 2 versions: German Polizei and French Gendarmerie.

Polizei version: 4 forward-facing passenger seats, Nitesun, EO turret, cargo hook (? rail under the body), LHS rescue winch.

Gendarmerie version: triple bench seat + stretcher, Nitesun, RHS rescue winch (same parts).

There's also a LOT of unused parts on the option sprues. Mostly unidentifiable bits of rails and struts, but as well there are 8 x nice passenger seats (you only need 4 max) a radar nose, an extra pair of loudspeakers, an extra Nitesun on a different rail, an extra set of skids with what I think are flotation bags on them, a fire extinguisher, and what I think is a different style of rescue winch too.... :thumbsup:

Full sprue shots in this review: http://www.scale-rotors.com/kit/artikel.php?id=4841

So yeah: it's a very nice addition to the helo parts bin.... :wacko:

I've also got a gash VIP one that I picked up in a job lot from ebay, and subsequently nicked the rotor off. I must have another look at it now to see what goodies it might have on it's sprues.... The tentative plan for these is to siamese the fuselages together to give an extra aft piloting position, then graft them to the boom and rotor system of a 1/100th Skycrane that I'm nicking the cockpit off for something else... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Aircav

I think the same sprue is used in the EC135 kit.  ;)
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Army of One

H.....many thanks......I'll see if I can get one or two of them...cheers....!!!

Just been looking on MZ website an it only lists the 1/32 version for £9.99 down from £16.99
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

McColm

1/72 Dragon YF-22 Lightning II or is that the Raptor :banghead:

The Wooksta!

From Modelzone, due to their 3 for 2 offer on Airfix kits:

3 x Airfix Spitfire PR19s

Need to strip one of it's prop and tailwheel but as I want to do a hybrid mk IV with the RR two stage Merlin, it's not such a loss.  There's also the navalised one I want to do too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: Army of One on November 04, 2012, 10:17:47 AM

Just been looking on MZ website an it only lists the 1/32 version for £9.99 down from £16.99

Bloody Hell: that's nearly as cheap as the 1/72nd version!

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

From ebay

1 x 1/72 Fujimi FGR.2 Alcock & Brown Phantom........ to replace the one I cut up for my RF-4M

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

From ebay:

Another Italeri 1/72nd Mi-28 Havoc (the one I bought by accident  ;D)

Airfix 1/600th HMS Belfast: unboxed and cheap.

- Indiana Jones

Army of One

Quote from: Weaver on November 05, 2012, 04:25:38 AM
Quote from: Army of One on November 04, 2012, 10:17:47 AM

Bloody Hell: that's nearly as cheap as the 1/72nd version!

You can do a police version or the ambulance version.....loadsa spares for the box.....!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Howard of Effingham

lets see, its almost SMW and i'm still buying models....

RoG 1/72 re-pop of the old but useful matchbox Canberra PR9. has an interesting version of the 1PRU emblem based on the 'man from the pru' [that's prudential assurance] adverts from the late 1970s early 1980s on the decal sheet.

Airfix 1/72 Victoria Cross icons set - with hurricane, hampden, battle and blenheim. this was a bargain at 50% off
from coventry's branch of the entertainer toyshop. just £14.99 rather than £29.99.
Keeper of George the Cat.