My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 08, 2012, 01:40:30 AM
RoG 1/72 re-pop of the old but useful matchbox Canberra PR9. has an interesting version of the 1PRU emblem based on the 'man from the pru' [that's prudential assurance] adverts from the late 1970s early 1980s on the decal sheet.

I don't recall that on the original Matchbox decal sheet, sounds a great idea to me.  :thumbsup:

AFAIK the M'box sheet had 13 Sqdn. fin decals as that's where the I got the badge for the PR19a from.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

Post Lady delivered three more today.
Airfix 1/144th 727-200
Airfix 1/144th 737-200
Revell 1/60th Vought Cutlass

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

From ebay:

Minicraft 1/144th Lockheed EC-121 Warning Star

Yep, after trying and failing to get one for 10 months, I bid on two and won two..... :rolleyes:

Actually I suspect that a second belly radome will come in useful for the main project, and I can always turn the leftovers into a submarine, right?  :wacko: (joke.....)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 08, 2012, 06:19:55 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 08, 2012, 01:40:30 AM
RoG 1/72 re-pop of the old but useful matchbox Canberra PR9. has an interesting version of the 1PRU emblem based on the 'man from the pru' [that's prudential assurance] adverts from the late 1970s early 1980s on the decal sheet.

I don't recall that on the original Matchbox decal sheet, sounds a great idea to me.  :thumbsup:

AFAIK the M'box sheet had 13 Sqdn. fin decals as that's where the I got the badge for the PR19a from.

i should also mention kit that the second option on the decal sheet is a 13 sqn one in hemp. hadn't they disbanded before the hemp scheme was introduced? also, you get 39 sqn's winged bomb emblem as RoG weren't sure if the 'man from the pru' emblem was on both sides of the fin.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Weaver on November 08, 2012, 05:57:55 PM
Actually I suspect that a second belly radome will come in useful for the main project, and I can always turn the leftovers into a submarine, right?  :wacko: (joke.....)

i dare yer! it would go nicely with that 'mad max' style  :tornado: that i have seen on out stand at bolton and other shows in the northwest.
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 09, 2012, 01:13:23 AM
i should also mention kit that the second option on the decal sheet is a 13 sqn one in hemp. hadn't they disbanded before the hemp scheme was introduced? also, you get 39 sqn's winged bomb emblem as RoG weren't sure if the 'man from the pru' emblem was on both sides of the fin.

I think you're right there. IIRC the only PR9 unit to use the hemp scheme was No. 39 (1 PRU) Sqdn. and then almost every aircraft they had was unique! In later years they had the 'bomb' badge on both sides of the fin, but in our world we can put the PRU badge on both sides if we want to.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

Trumpeters new 1/48th J-8D Finback arrived from Plastic Past-Times in Poole today. Very much superior to the AA Models I reviewed for SAMI many moons ago!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

Airfix 1/72 scale Super Connie, courtesy of Nick (thank you kind sir) at the Telford Show.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

4 packs of 1:48 brimstones and an etch brass replacement fot the lattice mast on a 1:48 hasa Voyager.    :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Courtesy of others at the show, and the Kit Sale too.

1 x Revell Privateer

1 x Airfix Stirling

1 x Revell A380

3 x Airfix VC10 tankers

1 x Airfix Sea Harrier FA2

Not bad for somene who's not meant to be 'needing any more model kits.........'  ;)

Regards
Kit

proditor

Snagged at Maraudercon, all 1/700

DML US Marine Amphibious Force
AMT/Matchbox USS San Diego
Skywave US Carrier Based Aircraft
Skywave USSR Missile Destroyer Udaloy
Skywave Z Class Destroyer
AFV Club Knox Class Frigate
Fujimi IJN Oyodo Light Cruiser
Aoshima Micro Plamodel Japanese Tanks
Jim Shirley Productions USS Arleigh Burke

Good haul, neat show.

Hobbes

It looks like I'll be leaving with fewer kits than I came in with. My stash delta is minus 9 VC-10s and plus:
- S&M VC-10 Poffler conversion
- Braz SVC-10 wing leading edges and engines courtesy of Geoff

Spey_Phantom

1 new addition, a revell 1/72 Focke-Wulf Flitzer  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Steel Penguin

1:48 eurofighter for the nose and pit
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

scooter

1:72 Revell-ogram Gato fleet boat without having to go to evilBay.  The box is bigger than some kids!  :blink:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng