My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

quite a bit from SMW actually bit not enough time....

best bits of the strip-mining were two wee boxes tha' by rights 100% unobtainium.

as packed C-Scale conversion kits for the Victor K2/Harrier GR3 [both in falklands fit mode] AND their one for the sea king HC4....

nice to meet the gang again especially scooterman, wooksta and mossie. i reckon for turnout this year the SIG did excellently.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Martin H

Quote from: Radish on November 12, 2012, 02:53:21 AM
kindly donated via a gorgeous cutie on the M & T tables.....

That would be the now legendary Amber.
I believe she has won the unofficial SMW Top Totty award for the last 3 years. Any one who has seen her in the bar at the Holiday inn next door to the show can confirm the reasons for this.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on November 12, 2012, 07:08:36 AM
I believe she has won the unofficial SMW Top Totty award for the last 3 years. Any one who has seen her in the bar at the Holiday inn next door to the show can confirm the reasons for this.

NOW he tells us!!!!!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

I held back this year from buying lots of cheap but not really wanted kits/junk this year after trimming the stash of similar purchases. Not sure how I ended up with a jar of Marmite? :unsure:

3 tins of Tamiya spraypaint; RAF Dark Green, RAF Medium Sea Grey and RAF Ocean Grey.
1/72 Italeri Rafale M (new moulding)
1/72 Hasegawa Mirage F.1C, these are the only Mirages I like the look of.....

BTW, I missed this Amber, who got photos?

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 12, 2012, 08:27:56 AM
Quote from: Martin H on November 12, 2012, 07:08:36 AM

NOW he tells us!!!!!  :banghead:

Actually Kit, Chris repeated that on numerous occasions! I think he was trying to make a point or two!  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

Quote from: Nick on November 12, 2012, 10:45:47 AM
Not sure how I ended up with a jar of Marmite? :unsure:
I wondered what would happen to that jar.

Quote from: Nick on November 12, 2012, 10:45:47 AM
BTW, I missed this Amber, who got photos?

Should have gone to spec savers ;D  If you went anywhere near the make and take, you couldnt miss her!
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

Quote from: Radish on November 12, 2012, 02:53:21 AM
these were free from the Make & Take for my grandaughter

A likely story!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Aircav

Chris wanted me to take him over to the Make & take in a wheelchair to pretend that he needed help, don't think he needs to pretend though.  ;) ;D
She did look very nice at the hotel in the bar.  :wub: :bow: ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

NARSES2

Quote from: Aircav on November 12, 2012, 01:54:31 PM
Chris wanted me to take him over to the Make & take in a wheelchair to pretend that he needed help, don't think he needs to pretend though.  ;) ;D
She did look very nice at the hotel in the bar.  :wub: :bow: ;D

Yup, I'm not sure if it was the little grey "just tight enough" number on Friday or the blue "slashed back" number on Saturday. Whichever she's a nice girl and very good with the kids on the make and take  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Got back Monday pm after a slight delay due to "overhead electrical problems" in the Northampton-Watford area  :-\

Stash increased at Telford by the following all 1/72 scale

AZ Spitfire Mk XVI e "International" boxing. One of the options is Greek and both myself and Dave (Kitbasher) were wondering if this was a WIF as AZ have been known to box one or two before. But checking Morgan and Shaklady it is guenuine.

RS P-39 L/N Airacobra
RS P-38 F Lightning. Both of these have numerous options - RS always offer plenty of choices markings wise - but I've always liked the USAAF's early North African schemes.

Special Hobby Spitfire Mk 24

Admiral Grumman F4F-3P "Recon" Wildcat

Special Hobby F2G 1/2 Super Corsair. This will be Dutch inspired by Lauhoff's profiles  :thumbsup:

Some French markings and 2 Spitfire engine sections from the Wookster  :thumbsup: Cheers mate

Finally the obligatory trip to Small Cars for sanding materials and Mr Models for paint brushes.

Great show, tiring but thoroughly enjoyed myself. The wine nearly held out and the Tequilla was suprising. :cheers:

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Many thanks to NARSES2 Chris for (again) doing my shopping at a show I couldn't get to.....and for Nick n Harro for supplying my plastic fix in the shape of a 1/144 VC10 Airfix from Harro and from Nick 1/144 Mig 29, AV8B, Prieser figs, 1/72 Hase F-20, LAV control vehicle

Think there's a 1/144 F-16 in the bag as well.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Howard of Effingham

one of the new airfix gnats.

[all three gnats are now going under the hemp Avro Vulcan i did in 256 sqn markings some years back].
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mike Wren

from Telford - Friendship Models 1/76 Chieftain AVLB & bridge (to be real), Giesbers 1/76 Boarhound 8x8 armoured car & T14 assault tank, both to be done as in-service vehicles   :tank:

The Wooksta!

This year, I'm not posting my Telford haul.  Suffice it to say, it was big and there was lots of Spitfires and other Plan related items.  Highlights were the three Airkit ones (21 - yay! - 22 and Seafire 15) and the Legato Spitfire F22 and Seafire F46.  I already have one of the former and as it has an erroneous intake on the port side (retained from the Fujimi kit used as a master), so one will end up as an HF22.  The same trader had a whold slew of Aeroclub Spitfire extras, which also got hoovered up.  Final highlight was picking up a large number of CMK Spits in the Kitswap, for a tenner apiece was a big bonus.  Mind, I did miss breakfast to ensure I was early in the queue.  Judging by the breakfast I got on Sunday, it wasn't a loss.

I did pick up several Skybirds Hornets, six in total.  Best yet!  Plus a Frog one in my favourite boxing in the Kitswap.  There were quite a few Frog ones about but all seemed to be overpriced.  I've more than enough and won't pay more than £7 for one now.

Aslso nabbed a weird Hungarian thing that looks like a cross between an He 112 and a Boomerang, a cheap High Planes P51H (RAF for that one), a Matchbox Piston Provost and a Skybirds Scimitar. The Kitswap also yielded a CMR Wyvern S4 for the princely sum of £4 and an Olimp Avro 707A.  I had no plans for the latter as I already have one but picked it up knowing that someone else might want it.  That someone was TsrJoe who nabbed it as soon as he saw it.

Donations to The Plan came from :
Kitbasher - An Airfix Mk Ia (old tool)
Lenny - an unidentified resin kit of a Seafire FR47.  I suspect it's an incarnation of Final Touch but pirated from the Ventura FR47.
McGrieg - Various Airfix Spitfire bits, including a complete new tool Ia.
Narses2 - 2 Airfix Spitfire Vc.  These could well be donors but for what, I'm not sure.

There was also the donation of an old CMK Seafire FR47 from Chris on the Collectakit stand, this being the one very similar to the Pegasus kit.  Rough but workable and I know exactly what I'm doing with it.  Tempted to start that one soon.  With it came a white metal Spitfire F12 conversion but I've never seen it before.

I did pick up a few other items for som colleagues.n  They coughed up the readies on monday, which translated into:
3 Xtrakit SpitfireF22s
1 Airfix Spitfire Vc (the current boxing with the Seafire hook, so it'll be a Seafire Ib, the decals I want for a PR1G in the desert)
Various decal sheets - Portugese markings (admittedly a fortnight too late and some are for Hurricanes) and the 4+ Spitfire F22 sheet.

All in all, a fantastic weekend.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 14, 2012, 08:34:26 AM

Aslso nabbed a weird Hungarian thing that looks like a cross between an He 112 and a Boomerang,

MAVAG Heja? Licence-build Reggiane Re.2000, basically.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones