My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

No, it's Revell own tool that time forgot.  I built their C-6 nightfighter many years back (1989 I think).  Nasty and rivetty but all of the available ones then - and there was only two, Revell and Airfix (or the old Frog one, if you could find it) - were much of a muchness.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

From Brother Lazlo:

AZ Spitfire IX Joypack.

See my comments on this kit in the AZ thread.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

From the big H

Special Hobby 1/72 Severski P-35A
Special Hobby Supermarine Seafire Mk 47  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I've a pair of the latter on order with Uncle Frank.  Should get them on saturday.

Does it come with a spare wing?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 18, 2012, 07:33:13 AM
I've a pair of the latter on order with Uncle Frank.  Should get them on saturday.

Does it come with a spare wing?

No mate - loads of other spare bits though
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I had hoped that all the spare bits would add to a complete airframe if they'd put a spare wing in the 47! 

Still, I've enough spare CMR ones.  A quick mental tot up reckons 16, possibly 17.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

pyro-manic

Today's additions, and in all likelyhood the last of 2012:

Airfix 1:72 Westland Gazelle - possibly a much-upgraded version similar to the MH-6 Little Bird
Airfix 1:72 Tomahawk IIb - to get a bright USAAF scheme in a no-war timeline, circa 1942.
Both from ALDI and a snip at £4.99 each.

From the LHS, Revell (Matchbox) 1:700 HMS Tiger. To be much hacked about to get a guided missile cruiser with Sea Dart, CIWS and a gas turbine powerplant replacing the old steam plant (new funnels, basically!)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

Cheers for the info Wooks...... :thumbsup:
Gits....!!!! No Aldi near me....may have got a couple of Gazelles....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 18, 2012, 08:29:32 AM
Airfix 1:72 Tomahawk IIb - to get a bright USAAF scheme in a no-war timeline, circa 1942.

I like the sound of that  :thumbsup:

Nick

Received from Lance today, a 1/144 Otaki Tomcat. Arrived in just 2 days before Christmas!

Chris Payne

Just picked up a couple of Airfix 1/72 Westland Gazelles from Aldi.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

FAR148

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2012, 11:12:10 AM
Received from Lance today, a 1/144 Otaki Tomcat. Arrived in just 2 days before Christmas!

Yup whatever we may say about the Royal Mail they do a preaty good job on the whole  :thumbsup:

Chris Payne

Picked up the Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk.1a starter set from Aldi today. Nice little kit.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3