My stash just grew again (2012).

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2011, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Payne

Got an Airfix 1/48 Sea Vixen this morning from the missus.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

PR19_Kit

A surprise Revell PB4-Y2 Privateer and an Airfix mug (showing a Spitfire XII around most of its surface) from our good neighbours!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

major

No jumpers! No socks! My wonderful mother in law got me 1:144 747 SCA & Space Shuttle!
Not my usual kit choice. Suggestions!
Cheers..   Ray

scooter

Quote from: major on December 25, 2012, 03:49:43 PM
No jumpers! No socks! My wonderful mother in law got me 1:144 747 SCA & Space Shuttle!
Not my usual kit choice. Suggestions!
Cheers..   Ray

Goldfinger SCA and shuttle
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

major

Nice one scooter! It's been so long since i seen that movie! So, did a quick image search...
I typed in '007 shuttle'. It's late 'an I'm tired, first thing that came up was National Express coaches!
They're big 'an white 'an spacey!!!

scooter

Wait...not Goldfinger-  Moonraker!   :banghead:

And they even have shuttle decals.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

One of my daughters gave me a new Airfix floatplane Swordfish kit as part of my Christmas/Birthday pressies.  ;D

Of course there's NO way I'll be bulidng it as a bi-plane...........  ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Managed to snaffle another Airfix German Recce set in the 1981 box on ebay.  This one is getting built, the other goes in the Nostalgia box.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

No kits as such from Santa but he did bring MZ and Hannants "vouchers" at RAF Museum Friday so may pop next door  :cheers:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 27, 2012, 05:16:52 AM
One of my daughters gave me a new Airfix floatplane Swordfish kit as part of my Christmas/Birthday pressies.  ;D

Of course there's NO way I'll be bulidng it as a bi-plane...........  ;) ;)

Something like this?  A Fairey monoplane project to the same requirement as the Swordfish.  Not quite 'Monoplane Swordish' but not far off.  Something similar maybe, halfway house between the Sordfish and Fulmar, (forget the Albacore!), Fulmar wing and a greenhouse canopy from the stash?

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lenny100

just got my pressy from the wife, a 1/700 scale type 45 and a queen mary 2 also in 1/700

modern thunderchild on way then if i can find a 1/700 tripod
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on December 27, 2012, 07:01:43 AM
Something like this?  A Fairey monoplane project to the same requirement as the Swordfish.  Not quite 'Monoplane Swordish' but not far off.  Something similar maybe, halfway house between the Sordfish and Fulmar, (forget the Albacore!), Fulmar wing and a greenhouse canopy from the stash?

Something very much like that, but possibly with longer wings......  ;D

I got a birthday card from Airfix today too with a 15% discount code for stuff from their website.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 25, 2012, 02:23:21 PM
A surprise Revell PB4-Y2 Privateer and an Airfix mug (showing a Spitfire XII around most of its surface) from our good neighbours!  :thumbsup: :bow:

That the tin mug.....??? The roundels are strange on the fuselage....I got one
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

McColm

The two Airfix 1/72 models and parts from Nick;
Rotordyne- possible stretch/extended fuselage
Vigilante- I've always wanted to convert this to an air defence variant. Semi-recessed Sky Flash or Side Winder missiles. I wonder if anyone has built a swing-wing version?`

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Army of One on December 27, 2012, 03:15:21 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 25, 2012, 02:23:21 PM

That the tin mug.....??? The roundels are strange on the fuselage....I got one

No, it's ceramic, and thick ceramic at that. The piccie on the side looks great, so great it's the SAME aircraft that I modelled ages ago using a mix of Frog, Airfix and Matchbox kits.  ;D

Regards
Kit