Royal Canadian Air Force F-4 Phantom FGR.4 Finished!!!!

Started by FAR148, January 01, 2012, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

Thanks guys for your kind words :thumbsup: Project is on hold, it's summertime/airshow season.

Thanks again,
Steven L  :cheers:

FAR148

Well now that summertime/airshow season is over, It's time to get back into the hobby room. Here's a small update. I finally painted her wheel tubs, added her ailerons and gave her a few coats of Future.

Going to let her gloss coat dry for a few days before giving her panel lines a wash.

Until later
Steven L  :drink:

NARSES2

Glad to see this one moving along again  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

FAR148

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Here a little update, Got bored the other night and decided to paint on the formation lights. I masked off the formation lights on the nose, fuselage, wing and tail. Next I added a few drops of yellow to some flat white. When I was happy with the color, I shot a light coat on each light. They turned out nice.

Until later,
Steven L  :party:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

bearmatt

You better be symmetrical.... (What you perfectly did here)
If not, then it would be like a slap into the face  :rolleyes:
The carpet monster took it!

FAR148

Thanks Guys  :thumbsup:

Here's another small update. Everyday this week I have been slowly washing her panel lines. I have not made it back to her tail yet but her belly in done. I also managed to paint the twin antenna behind the rear canopy.

More to come,
Steven L  :cheers:

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

It's not just the skill I admire but the patience as well  :bow:

FAR148

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

So I decided the other day to put a false cockpit on my Canadian girl. I started by tracing the canopies on a piece of paper to get the overall size and shape, which I was not to happy with. So I sketched an online that looked alittle better. Scanned into photoshop and mirrored it so that side to side it's the same. Then I printed it on some Frisket film and cut it out, tried placing it on the model .... :banghead: After fighting it trying to fit the mask in one whole piece, I cut the mask right down the middle and  :thumbsup: . The only thing is the rear false cockpit is not as tapper as the sketch but I can live with it. Was the mask in place, I thinned up some MM Euro I Gray and gave her a light coat. Turned out pretty nice.

Still more to come,
Steven L  :drink:

chrisonord

This really is a very nice build Steven, You have made the old girl look very 21st century, and deservedly so too. I like those missiles too, they would make a great alternative to mavericks if carried in multiples.Any chance of putting some into production? I would certainly be a customer for a big handful.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

FAR148

Thanks Chris :thumbsup:
As to resin production.... I don't think so. I wouldn't put myself through that. Both missiles are really hard to cast. I cast both of them three times getting three different results and they are still a bitch to cast. I got only 5 of the small ones and just 4 of the larger out of god knows how many tries and those are for future projects.

Sorry
Steven L  :cheers:

Gondor

Enjoying this build tremendously and looking forward to your next project, especially how you tackle the painting.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

No probs Steven, you did a good job on them for sure. I must admit casting resin is something I shudder at when considering.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!