Royal Canadian Air Force F-4 Phantom FGR.4 Finished!!!!

Started by FAR148, January 01, 2012, 02:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slerski

Hum... Once again an high-level of modelling plane  :thumbsup: I love the idea of Rafale's fuel tanks
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

FAR148

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

QuoteColor question, is that Hemp over some shade of Light Gray or are my eyes deceiving me?
I too thought it was hemp over gray. I was so unsure about it, I contacted Gekko_1. He told me it was the following colors

FS 36622 Camouflage Gray
FS 30475 sand
FS 36495 Light Gray
http://www.colorserver.net/showcolor.asp?fs=36622%2C+30475%2C+36495

QuoteDid you consider adding the IR sensor like on the CF-101?
That's a neat idea but I'm going for a modern  updating. Like What-if Canada flew Phantoms today, what would they look like? Some may say that the Spey engine will make it look old but I like the look of the Spey nozzles. So it too will have to be updated as well.

Until later,
Steven L  :cheers:

Captain Canada

Wow...that's looking awesome ! I love the new tanks as well.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Quote from: Cliffy B on January 03, 2012, 06:20:58 PM
Color question, is that Hemp over some shade of Light Gray or are my eyes deceiving me?

Looks like the RAF "Concrete" scheme seen on Nimrods and recce Canberras, Hemp over Light Aircraft Grey.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Sauragnmon

This I have to watch... FAR's at it again... pass the popcorn.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

FAR148

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:
It maybe a week or so before the next update, back to long hours at work.

Until later,

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: FAR148 on January 30, 2012, 06:48:35 PM

It maybe a week or so before the next update, back to long hours at work.

r,

Have you thought about missing the odd meal? :wacko: Come on man get a grip your public awaits. :bow: :bow:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

FAR148

Well... It's been a while since I last posted. Work has been crazy but I have been working on my F-4. She is really close to paint. Unfortunately, I have not taken many pics of my progress. The time I felt like building, didn't feel like or have time to shoot before bed time. I did get all her metal paint work on the tail area done, AIM-9X's and AIM-120's are painted and ready for a clear coat and decals, Sniper pod and ECM pod are ready for decals, drop tanks are preshaded and ready for paint. Today want to finish up work on the two inboard weapon stations.

Here's a few shots from today.

Until later,
Steven L  :cheers:

Bill TGH

well.... one of us is a genius  :unsure:.

I have 3 Air Cadets in my class at 333 RCAC Lord Beaverbrook here in Freddy Beach that have an F-4F slipping gently into another of the Gecko profiles... decals went on Thursday & I should have pictures ever so soon...

Their mandate was 1/48th & Canadian... plus a written blurb on the plane & the pilot ( no mention was made of excluding whiffs)
cheers
Bill TGH

{..its all about completion... not perfection }

Wanted - 1 Kidney,
call Sue Melvin, Living Donor Coordinator, Saint John Regional Hospital

FAR148

So,  I got the two inboard weapon stations put together.Combining True Detail's USAF F-4 pylons and my resin LAU-128 missile rails. Because of the resin on resin butt joint, I reinforced the joint with some brass rod.

Oh yeah since the first post to now, I have changed the weapons loadout. It was a shorty targeting pod, 3 AIM-120's and 2 AIM-9X's. Now it's a Sniper pod and a AN/ALQ-184 ECM pod in the front two Sparrow wells and 2 AIM-120's in the rear wells. The two inboard weapon stations will have a AIM-9X, a AIM-120 and a AGM-84L SLAM-shorty.

More to come!
Steven L  :party:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Bill TGH

please sir, may we have some more.... ? ;)

I'm almost finished mine & I need some more visual encouragement
cheers
Bill TGH

{..its all about completion... not perfection }

Wanted - 1 Kidney,
call Sue Melvin, Living Donor Coordinator, Saint John Regional Hospital

FAR148

Thanks NARSES2  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Bill TGH on April 19, 2012, 01:05:58 PM
please sir, may we have some more.... ? ;)

I'm almost finished mine & I need some more visual encouragement

No new progress on the Canadian Phantom. You can always check out my Mudhens for some visual encouragement.
http://www.far148.com/farmudhens.htm

Until Later,
Steven L  :party:

kerick

Hhhmmmmm, I have a half phinished Phantom in the stash...  I'll have to check the decal collection.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

FAR148

She preshaded and paint starts tomorrow!

More to come!