New Year with a New kit - P-400 "Vichy Air Force"

Started by PantherG, January 02, 2012, 04:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PantherG

So...Yesterday by discussion with "comrades of CZ What if SIG" on Skype come idea of "New Year beginn with a New kit".
Whole idea is beginn kit on January 1. and finish by January 31.

Then i look to my "kits warehouse" an my eyes was "anchored" on P-400 1/48 Eduard Weekend edition.

Because I´m a "hard whiffer" (I think),then camoscheme was simply solution. And because I like marking of "Armée de l´Air de l´Armistice" (Vichy Air Force), I edit my old sketch of French Cobra to Vichy marking.

Here is sketch and first steps of build....
Its easy to build,only trailing edge of wing is "too fat",but a "little bit of sanding" is solution of this .... ;D

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sequoiaranger

Though "masking" for the Vichy striping will be a chore, it certainly will be colorful!!

(Be sure to put extra weight in the nose!!)
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

PR19_Kit

Now why does that look so 'right'?

I almost slipped into the Whiffers 'dark mode' in thinking that it WASN'T a Whiff at all and was real!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PantherG

to sequoiaranger: in "classic" kit Eduard give original weight.... but in "Weekend" this missing...I use small pieces of lead...but i think,that I give on the nose much more of weights...so...its will be clear later.... ;D

Masking of "Vichy stripes" will be  not so great Nightmare.....and I like colourful planes...  ;D ;D ;D

PantherG

...after a long time a little bit of progress..... basic colors of camouflage on place....just fresh.....

MilitaryAircraft101

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 02, 2012, 09:13:56 AM
Now why does that look so 'right'?
I think our friend Panther has a knack for that  :cheers: Great job Panther  :bow: Going to be a big finish on this one!

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

Looks awesome Panther......great work on the paint scheme.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PantherG

Many thanks,my dear friends....  :bow:
But....the worst work still waiting for me  :banghead:
Red-yellow stripping of the "Armée de l´Air de l´Armistice" or Vichy Air Force.... ;D ;D ;D

PantherG

... La péu de progrésse......

Next step ahead....
Masking of yellow-red stripped areas..... undercoat with black (yesterday evening), today morning yellow coat....

PantherG

MilitaryAircraft101

PR19_Kit

Cor, you're not hanging about on that one! Looking VERY promising!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit