Main Menu

Your chance to sway the 2012 Whiffies

Started by philp, January 03, 2012, 09:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Uh, oh, many thanks! I am sorry to flood the forum with works - there's a LOT in store, it took me just a long while to finally sign up here... ;D

Man, great, I feel so honoured!!!  :lol:

tc2324

In the `Jesus..., this is a pain to fit in my display case` catagory........

PR19_Kit`s Vickers Wellesley B(PR)III

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,34528.60.html
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

For originality..., but probably not aerodynamics...  :lol: .......,

sandiego89`s B-29 "Flatbed"   :bow:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,35629.15.html

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

In the `WOW..., your not pretty, but that is just awesome` catagory......,

...... we have,  tigercats Swordfish `transformer`   :wub:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,35674.0.html

Tiger, Tiger!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tc2324 on August 13, 2012, 08:32:20 AM
In the `Jesus..., this is a pain to fit in my display case` catagory........

PR19_Kit`s Vickers Wellesley B(PR)III

Well, thanks so much!  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

bearmatt

Time to make a new entry here!  :mellow:

McGreig's russian spits

The carpet monster took it!

tc2324

Tiger, Tiger!

PR19_Kit

tc2324 again, with the 'Project Pye' bomber, in categories for the model itself AND the backstory!

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

FAR148

FAR148

philp

Thanks Steve,
I was planning on getting them in myself if no one else did.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

McColm

Wow!! The standard of builds is amazing. :bow: :bow: :bow:

philp

OK folks.  This nomination thread will stay open until Jan 31st.

Right now there are a ton of aircraft, alternate schemes, kitbashes but only a few in some of the other categories and many with no entries (ships, autos, figures, dios, etc).

I know that not running an award show last year took a lot of wind out of the sails so if this has run its course, then it has.
However, the voting threads for 2011 will be going live tonight (as long as I can find the links and pics) so hopefully, there is still some interest out there.

Whoops, almost forgot.

If you have been nominated and your pics are no longer in your original thread, can you please add them back.  Otherwise, no one will know what your build looked like and if it was good enough to make this thread, we all want to be able to see it.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Dizzyfugu

Shameless plug, but I'll bring some kits of mine to your attention  ;D

The Griffon-powered CAC-Corsair (from the Aussierama GB):

1:72 Vought-CAC Corsair S(AW).1, '236'/WZ882, Royal Australian Navy, 806 Squadron/HMAS Melbourne, 1957 (Whif/Kit conversion) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

The French shark - the Arsenal VB 31, which once was a German high altitude fighter:

1:72 Arsenal VB 31 "Requin", '8 White', Flotille 12F, Aéronavale; Arromanches/Haiphong, October 1952 (Whif) - Beauty pic by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

The Bulgarian IAI Kfir C.60:

1:72 IAI Kfir C.60; "542" Bulgarian Air Force, 1/3rd Fighter Squadron, Graf Ignatievo Air Base, 2010 (Italeri kit conversion/Whif) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

A Norwegian G.91:

1:72 Fiat G.91N; RNoAF, 333 squadron, Ørland air base, 1988 (Whif/Italeri kit conversion) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

The secret Su-25 contender from OKB MiG: the MiG SPB

1:72 Mikoyan-Gurewich MiG-SPB (NATO Code 'Flintstone'); "08 Red", 201st Independent Shturmovaya Air Squadron, Shindand Airbase, Afghanistan, 1982 (Whif/Kit-bashing) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

What if the German Luftwaffe had taken over the GDR MiG-21? Maybe this here...

1:72 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-21G; "24+17", JG 71 'Richthofen', Deutsche Bundesluftwaffe; Wittmundhafen, 1995 (Whif) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

...and the forgotten third MiG-21 prototype, the Ye-3/1 (based on a real life desktop model):

1:72 Mikoyan Gurevich Ye-3/1 MiG-21 prototype [NATO Code 'Filbert']; "31 Blue", Soviet Air Force/IA PVO, early 1957 (Whif/Kit-bashing) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

And for some more exotic categories (SF/Figures):

The massive "I.C.S. Ventura", a privatized Republican Star Destroyer, now a leisure cruiser in the Outer Rim...

1:2256 "I.C.S. Ventura" - phoxim.de's Star Wars Venator Group Build (Beauty pic) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

A Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion in a fictional plugsuit, based on inofficial fan art:

1:8 - Neon Genesis Evangelion [Doujinshi variant]: Rei Ayanami in test plugsuit (kit conversion) - on black by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

<_<