ModelKraft 2012. 5th feb

Started by Martin H, January 04, 2012, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

Due to snow, I'll probably give tomorrow a miss...for the second year running, sadly
Van

Radish

Going to "pass" on the gig tonight, but I have my stuff ready for tomorrow.....and I'm bringing my superviser along too.
:rolleyes:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 04, 2012, 08:55:56 AM
I'm 2/3 of the way there already, laden with shovels, brooms, snow boots and wellies. You never know.........

just as well your wagon is the size of a reasonably sized van.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Army of One

Snow in crawley so dunno what's going to happen in the am......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

kitbasher

http://www.mksmc.co.uk/modelkraft/modelkraft_gen.html says 'the show will go on'.  Updates on Britmodeller at http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234910297&pid=957986&st=80&#entry957986 suggest a go/no go notice might be posted up later this evening - only scanned the thread so could be wrong.
:-\ :-\
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

still nothing new to report, bar the 3 inches of snow out side my front door. And im not that far from the venue...................At the mo im still looking at going, or at least attempting it.
Unfortunately,

kitbasher

My plan is still to go but subject to the weather.  Latest from Britmodeller is that a go/no go call is likely very early in the morning (6-7 a.m.)   :-\ :-\
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

So far nothing update wise from the host club, They seem to be praying that the snow turns to rain.  Yeapread the same thing on BM Dave. personally I think they are leaving it a tad late to make the call, as those attempting to get there will already be onroute
Unfortunately,

lancer

GOing to have to pass for this year as well and I'm really pi$$ed about it, but no transport and no bloody money.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

considering the current weather, I would say you have made the right call lance.

As for every one else, dont take any unnecessary risks tomorrow. Its only a model show after all.
Unfortunately,

Martin H

The show manager has said on the ipms forum that the show is carrying on as planned. the roads in the MK area are passable with extreme care.

Im going to at least try and get there. But to those with further to travel, dont break your necks trying to get there if your area is in a worse state than here.
Unfortunately,

Nick

I will be coming along but with care. Fortunately my route is mostly the A414 and M1 so the roads should be clear, according to Traffic England website. Hope to see you later!

kitbasher

Well, there's about 4 inches of snow where I am.  My street is a narrow one, not gritted/ploughed and pretty full with parked cars not going anywhere.  Looks like a lane and a half cleared on the local bit of the M25, with the M1 looking better with both very empty but wet. Dunno what the outside air temperature is but I think local roads will be a b*gger if it doesn't get above zero.  Could be OK going but there's the getting back - especially as the temperature will drop in the evening (forecast to stay 0 degrees round here all day in fact).  So it is with a heavy heart that I've decided not to go - see you at (hopefully snow free) Cosford. :(

Army of One

Sorry to say I have been beaten by the weather.....I will hopefully be at the Crewe show....hope those that go today enjoy it......H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Woke up to 4"-6" of snow (I live in the Crystal Palace "Alps") and the local train service to Victoria is just about running with severe delays. So I went back to bed. Sorry lads but a one mile walk and then hanging around waiting for a train wasn't on. Didn't even check the Euston - Mk leg  :-\

See you at Huddersfield or Cosford - should be at both

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.