ModelKraft 2012. 5th feb

Started by Martin H, January 04, 2012, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

SNOW.F£$&%*(& ....F&*^%$*& Snow!!

&^%$%$*.....$%£&^%&....

Not coming.

And just heard my  mam's on the way to hospital, and it's not looking good.
Bugger!!
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Gondor

What snow?

Nothing here other than a bit of frost!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on February 05, 2012, 02:56:41 AM
Bugger!!

Hope it's ok Tel
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 05, 2012, 03:06:32 AM
Bugger!!

Hope it's ok Tel

Ditto.  You getting there would be more important than getting to MK.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

Quote from: kitbasher on February 05, 2012, 03:17:20 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 05, 2012, 03:06:32 AM
Bugger!!

Hope it's ok Tel

Ditto.  You getting there would be more important than getting to MK.

Agreed.
Take it easy Terry, I hope it all works out.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Martin H

Heres the photos I took of the stand at todays show.

Modelkraft 2012

This show is normally buzzing and very busy. But due to snow fall the night before, it was rather subdued this year. A number of traders and quite a few clubs and SIG's canceled or failed to show due to the weather. This had a positive effect for us. As the display due to be next to us failed to appear. So with the show manager's agreement we annexed the vacant space. Our display grew from 3 tables on a corner to  6 tables. total display frontage was 18 feet double depth. By far the largest club/SIG display in the main hall.

Thanks to the following people.
Kit Spackman (PR-19Kit)
Trevor Williams (Howard of Effingham)
Richard Brooker
Nick Pedley (Nick P)
Mike McEvoy

And special mention for Gordon Miller (McGraig) for perseverance. He finally arrived at the venue about an hour and a half before the show closed. After being stuck in traffic on the M-1 (tail back, caused by an RTA further along the moterway).
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Well done all who made it.
I had thought of going, but it is a little bit far, and the weather here (in SW Scotland) was SO nice.
Temp +8C and periods of blue skies with nothing white to be seen except the rattle can of white primer  :rolleyes:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitbasher

Yes, well done you hardy heroes.  Looks like a good display!
See you all at Cosford - hopefully sans snow.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Freightdog862

Well done those who made, glad it was a good day. 200 mile roundtrip with snow all the way a bit too much for me, and my mate Jon who helps has to travel up from Gosport (so far away in fact it wasn't bloody snowing there!). Huddersfield in two weeks for us next, and were going up the night before so I won't miss that one!

Colin   

Radish

Thanks for the messages, guys.
She's staying in hospital, took 7 hours to get her admitted (pretty normal with the NHS not having enough frontline staff) and she's stable.
More news tomorrow.

I was building and planning/thinking about my post-apocalyptic DB.9.....it'll be done for Hudders.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

Glad to hear she's stable Rad, fingers crossed for her.

Snow here was about 3 inches and slushy as hell, here's hoping it doesn't freeze tonight or it'll be a skating rink in the morning.

Well done to all who actually got to MK today, and glad it was a decent show. I guess my next one will be Barnet in May; unless I'm really lucky befiore hand..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Quote from: Freightdog862 on February 05, 2012, 11:57:46 AM
Huddersfield in two weeks for us next, and were going up the night before so I won't miss that one!

Colin   

Ah like me and Aircav  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Some nice pics there Martin - Ta  :thumbsup:

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 06, 2012, 06:32:57 AM
Quote from: Freightdog862 on February 05, 2012, 11:57:46 AM
Huddersfield in two weeks for us next, and were going up the night before so I won't miss that one!

Colin   

Ah like me and Aircav  :thumbsup:

May be we should meet up at the Head of Steam?
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Army of One

Some awesome pics there....loving some of the thinking that has gone into some of them....great stuff....really great....... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!