ModelKraft 2012. 5th feb

Started by Martin H, January 04, 2012, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

nope, the downstairs hall in the main building...........at least thats what the blurb says.

it means space behind the stand is likely to be rather cosy.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

No fat boys then!!!

My car's had to go to have some work done on it but hopefully will be released back into the wild on Saturday.  Will keep you posted should plans have to change.  Also the southeast may grind to the customary halt if the threatened 1 mm of snow materialises!  I know - Southern Jessies v Northern Monkeys time!   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on February 01, 2012, 12:32:17 PM
Also the southeast may grind to the customary halt if the threatened 1 mm of snow materialises!  I know - Southern Jessies v Northern Monkeys time!   ;D ;D

That's what I watching as well. The reailway system may well collapse early Sunday morning if we have any snow which will scupper me  :banghead: I'll keep you posted.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

IPMS Stafford are on the First Floor so will be waving to you all. I'm aiming to delve deeply into the distant corners of the loft to retrieve some oldies to see if they still exist.....

RAF "Reliant" Tornado....the FSW wing/Fin version......
and the Blue Thunder RAF version...

Might be more too.....I'll keep them on the Stafford stand to pollute those upstairs :drink: :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 02, 2012, 01:07:06 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on February 01, 2012, 12:32:17 PM
Also the southeast may grind to the customary halt if the threatened 1 mm of snow materialises!  I know - Southern Jessies v Northern Monkeys time!   ;D ;D

That's what I watching as well. The reailway system may well collapse early Sunday morning if we have any snow which will scupper me  :banghead: I'll keep you posted.

Chris

Car's back.  And as mentioned in an earlier post Chris, if the trains arestymied and you and Nick need lifts to/from MK and you can get to Uxbridge/West Drayton/West Ruislip or even Heathrow Central on Sunday morning then I'll give you a lift.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Thanks for the offer but it will be the train up to Victoria that will be the problem if we get anything like even moderate snow.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

I see they've started practising this morning. Freight train derailled at Bletchley an dthe entire lines closed  :banghead:

PR19_Kit

I heard that on the news this morning too.  :banghead:

I was trying to think about deversion routes, Paddington to Brum via Banbury and then to MK from the north?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

kit!

if you find it, i'd still like that dragon kit with the E-377 if you find it for sunday.

trevor

oh, btw, bletchley to oxford has been shut for some years,  :rolleyes:
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on February 03, 2012, 05:32:15 AM
if you find it, i'd still like that dragon kit with the E-377 if you find it for sunday.

trevor

oh, btw, bletchley to oxford has been shut for some years,  :rolleyes:

I have it to hand Trevor, no probs.

Yes, I KNOW the Oxford-Bletchley line has been closed, I used to live in Oxford and I worked for BR for a time.

But they're going to re-open it and I did suggest going via Brum.............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2012, 02:01:21 AM
I was trying to think about deversion routes, Paddington to Brum via Banbury and then to MK from the north?

It would be easier to go from st Pancras to Bedford then either get a bus or switch to the Bedford-Bletchly line and then Bus it to the venue.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

Quote from: Martin H on February 03, 2012, 12:12:44 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2012, 02:01:21 AM

It would be easier to go from st Pancras to Bedford then either get a bus or switch to the Bedford-Bletchly line and then Bus it to the venue.

Paddington to West Drayton and then a lift off me if you want.  PM tomorrow if you think you need one.
;D ;D

NARSES2

Well the track is open but the service "is subject to alteration" and from experience I know what that can mean  :banghead:

Seriously it's the weather that may be the killer. We are thrreatened with 3" to 5" tonight and if we get it then there won't be any real chance of getting there.

I'll take a rain (snow) check in the morning but it's begining to look like I'll see people at Huddersfield

Chris

Radish

Snow?
WE've a bit,but I'm out at a gig tonight...no probs.

Tomorrow might be fun if there's anything significant, but it's mostly motorwar and dualcarriageway for me so fingers, legs and eyes crossed, eh?
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PR19_Kit

I'm 2/3 of the way there already, laden with shovels, brooms, snow boots and wellies. You never know.........

Regards
Kit