Ta 152D-2, the what-if that almost really existed

Started by matrixone, January 04, 2012, 02:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here it is, my 1/48 scale Ta 152D-2 converted from the DML Ta 152H kit.

Just as the Me 262 and Ta 152C and H were slowly regaining control of the sky over the Reich in the early summer of 1945 the Allies bombed out the only remaining plant building the Junkers Jumo 213E-1 which was the power plant for the Ta 152H, in order for the Ta 152H to have uninterrupted production at a critical time in the air war the Germans used the DB 603LA engine with the Ta 152H airframe to keep the front line supplied with a steady supply of high performance propeller aircraft. There was a small production run of about 60 of the Ta 152H/DB 603LA built before the supply of Jumo engines resumed, the DB 603 powered Ta 152H was officially known as the Ta 152D-2.

On to the pics...

The Germans actually were making plans to use the DB 603LA engine with the Ta 152H airframe but the war ended before those plans could take place so my model is more of a ''coulda been'' instead of what-if! ;D

Matrixone

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thanks once again Gondor!

I had wanted more of a true what-if when I started this model but as I recently found out this is one what-if that almost happened in real life. :-\
Thats okay because I have already started a new what-if that I KNOW never came close to actually happening. ;)

Matrixone

Army of One

As always......great build,story and fabulous photography......if I were in your presence I would bow...... :bow:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

dumaniac

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks Army of One, dumaniac, and NARSES2!

If you like this model you will like my plans for the four Ta 152C's I have in my stash...all will be whiffed. Maybe an Italian Ta 152C? You never know what might come out of the Matrixone werks! ;)

Matrixone

Army of One

Would the Finnish air force have got any by any chance.....to replace the Me 109K's and FW190D9's they had to replace the Me106G's they used.......?.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

matrixone

I can see no reason why the Finnish Air Force could not have been issued advanced aircraft like the Ta 152, of course the needs of the Luftwaffe would have come first but after regaining control of the air over the Reich the next step would have been helping its allies like Finland and Italy also win back control of their airspace too.

My decal spares box has no markings for Finnish aircraft but I do have some Italian markings...a Ta 152C would look rather nice with the smoke ring camouflage scheme and white theatre markings. ;)

I now have some pics of my new He 219J-5 and will be posting pics of it soon. <_<

Matrixone

Slerski

I really love (yes you can fall in love with planes...) the "Langnase" Dora and derivatives. Very nice work, looks like a picture taken in 1945  :thumbsup:
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Slerski on January 06, 2012, 02:26:55 PMVery nice work, looks like a picture taken in 1945  :thumbsup:

Whad'ya mean, it LOOKS like the piccie was taken in 1945?

It WAS taken then, I'm sure Matrixone wouldn't try and bluff us........  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

matrixone

Thanks Slerski and Kit, I know I could not fool anybody here but in the past I have fooled a few people at other sites. ;D :wacko:

Matrixone

Slerski

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 06, 2012, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: Slerski on January 06, 2012, 02:26:55 PMVery nice work, looks like a picture taken in 1945  :thumbsup:

Whad'ya mean, it LOOKS like the piccie was taken in 1945?

It WAS taken then, I'm sure Matrixone wouldn't try and bluff us........  ;) ;D

Time travelling in alternate universes is not allowed  ;D
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

perttime

Quote from: matrixone on January 06, 2012, 02:16:29 PM
I can see no reason why the Finnish Air Force could not have been issued advanced aircraft like the Ta 152, of course the needs of the Luftwaffe would have come first but after regaining control of the air over the Reich the next step would have been helping its allies like Finland and Italy also win back control of their airspace too.
Maybe. If supplies were plentiful.

On the other hand, Finland's Commander-in-Chief, Mannerheim, was not willing to tie Finland to Nazi war aims, and was not hiding that stance. So, Germany might not have wanted Finland to get too strong. Just strong enough to keep the USSR from breaking through in the north.

PACOPEPE

Great model, and nice pics once more. Great collection of the luftwaffe on pics.  :thumbsup:

Have you thought in the impressive Fw 190 D with the famous "yellow 13"?.

He 219J-5?; can`t wait.

Regards
Fran