1/72 Me 109E Galland markings....

Started by Army of One, January 14, 2012, 01:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

I have some 109's in the stash....a friend has asked for a dogfight double having seen the ones I have done for my son Max.....he would like a BoB one and has asked for a Galland 109....now I know that some manufacturers have included his markings.....I think one was hasegawa for an E model and Italeri for his special F version....so I was wondering if anyone has the markings spare.....I'll pay postage or open to trade if anyone wants anything in return......thanks for looking.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

sequoiaranger

I have a huge stash of decals and I am almost CERTAIN I can supply you with a 1/72 set for a Galland "E". I have already built my "Galland" fighter (actually a Spitfire dressed up like a 109 to spite Galland's impudence at "requesting" Spitfires for his staffel from Goering), so I don't need any others. But lemme look. Not to be presumptuous, but if this is for a 3-year-old, the decals might be a little off-register or something? Or is he a budding JMN??  :blink: I'll get back to you today. Any appropriate decals can be easily mailed in a standard envelope at minimal cost---don't worry about recompense.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sequoiaranger on January 17, 2012, 08:58:22 AM
(actually a Spitfire dressed up like a 109 to spite Galland's impudence at "requesting" Spitfires for his staffel from Goering),

Sounds great, have you posted it on here anywhere?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PACOPEPE

Army of One, i think have the decals (part) of BF 109 F/G of Begemot. I´ll confirm you soon.

Regards
Fran

Army of One

Awesome stuff......all i need is the Mickey mouse he had,whatever markings on either side of the fuselage cross an rudder kill markings......I can use the kit stencils an national markings.....many thanks for looking......as it has no sharkmouth my son would not be interested.... ;D......it is for an adult mate....to go with a spitfire in a BoB dogfight double.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PACOPEPE

Mickey mouse?.

Here:

Cheers
Fran

Army of One

This is the Mickey mouse marking

And this is the a/c I want to model

Many thanks if you can help.....,,H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

sequoiaranger

>>(actually a Spitfire dressed up like a 109 to spite Galland's impudence at "requesting" Spitfires for his staffel from Goering),<<

>Sounds great, have you posted it on here anywhere?<

These markings are the ones Ao1 is seeking!

Army of One

That's the one...love the sight for long range identification....awesome stuff...!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, the Galland Spitfire is a work of art!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PACOPEPE

sequoiaranger

The Microscale sheet on the left has the double chevron, but his earlier kill tally. The ABT sheet on the right has the single chevron, but the high kill marks of his Bf-109F.  I will send both and you can choose what you want.

Address please? Either here or PM. (And I get to use my "What if" stamps for the first time!!)

Paco--there were a few different "Mickey Mouse" personal emblems used in the Luftwaffe, but Galland's is somewhat distinctive.

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PACOPEPE

Quote from: sequoiaranger on January 18, 2012, 01:05:27 AM
>>(actually a Spitfire dressed up like a 109 to spite Galland's impudence at "requesting" Spitfires for his staffel from Goering),<<

>Sounds great, have you posted it on here anywhere?<

These markings are the ones Ao1 is seeking!

Craig, the kit is very nice, i like a lot.

Is it the Messesfire; a Sptifire conversion with Daimler Benz engine? . I remember this kit/conversion.

Thanks

sequoiaranger

>Is it the Messesfire; a Sptifire conversion with Daimler Benz engine? . I remember this kit/conversion.<

It wasn't a "kit", but a simple "kitbash". I used an Me-410 engine cowl because I had one and it fit. The Germans actually did make ONE such aircraft, as a "hobby project" (I have a profile of it somewhere--the original had a Bf-109F/G cowl, IIRC).  It was too tempting to dress it up as "Galland's Spitfire" instead of the actual RW markings of the hobby project.

"Galland" decals are in transit to the UK as we speak!