RAAF RF-104 Finished!!!!

Started by FAR148, January 15, 2012, 08:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAR148

Thanks Guys :thumbsup:
Here's a small weekend update. Did some work on her nose. Got her pitot tube painted as well as her camera opening painted(MM Chrome Silver). I use some leftover paint mask from my CAF F-4.

Until later,
Steven L  :cheers:

NARSES2

That pitot is the dogs danglies  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn Gilbertson

FAR148

Thanks Guys  :thumbsup:

Anyone know where I could find some 1/48 scale Australian Army aviation Roundels? It's just the kangaroo, no circle around it.

Steven L   :party:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: FAR148 on November 16, 2012, 05:25:15 PM

Anyone know where I could find some 1/48 scale Australian Army aviation Roundels? It's just the kangaroo, no circle around it.

From that artwork home-making the decals should be pretty straightforward, so long as they're not in white or another very light colour.

I could do some for you but I'm 3500 miles away, and I'm sure someone in the US has the technology too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

If the Roo's are to e black or Green you could try looking at Military decals.
Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

FAR148

QuoteFrom that artwork home-making the decals should be pretty straightforward, so long as they're not in white or another very light colour.

Yeah I know, just being lazy. I made some up and are ready to be put on after I added a few more details.

Steven L  :thumbsup:

FAR148

OK, my homemade decals SUCKS! :banghead: So, again does anyone know where I could find some 1/48 scale Australian Army aviation Roundels? It's just the kangaroo, no circle around it.

Steven L :unsure:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Daryl J.

It's a blast to see one of this skill level in the What-if World.   :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Daryl J. on November 24, 2012, 02:22:13 PM
It's a blast to see one of this skill level in the What-if World.   :thumbsup:

Totally agree with you plus wiffery requires imagination and perhaps sometimes even a small soupson of bravery ? Maybe the small child inside most adult males is just a little taller in we wiffers ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: FAR148 on November 24, 2012, 01:34:46 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on November 24, 2012, 12:50:44 PM
Try here, dude!

http://www.redroomodels.com/decals.php?decal=11

THANK YOU!!!!  :bow:

My pleasure! Always nice to know you helped a genius achieve their goal. ;D

:cheers:

Guy.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

FAR148

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Need more help, I totally bitched up her canopy and need a new one. :banghead:

Any help would be most appreciated,
Steven L  :cheers:

NARSES2

I'm sure I've got one from the Italeri kit. Problem is it's in a box of modern canopies and I've no idea which one it is  :banghead:

If you havn't had an offer post Xmas I'll compare them to plans and see if my memory is right

Edit - Booger I thought it was 1/72, whence my remarks re canopy, sorry about that. Just ignore me