Most useful website I've found in quite some time

Started by rickshaw, January 17, 2012, 04:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

The Wooksta!

I found it a few weeks ago, having done a search for the recipe for home made poppadoms.  Can't get the right flour though (Urid) and that's after having trawled most of the Asian supermarkets in Newcastle.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 17, 2012, 06:44:20 AM
Strewth, I never knew there were THAT many!  :o

TBH, most of the recipes there are duplicates and have just swapped the meat, eg Chicken for Beef, etc.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

RussC

Well that certainly is a recipe collection ! While I get a lot of the raw matls' at Trader Joes' here in SWUSA the recipes are cool, and the Potato Curry is on the short list for tryout.

Thanx 4 posting!
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

rickshaw

You are all welcome. 

I must admit I found it when trying to figure out what a Lamb Phall was, when Chris mentioned it yesterday.  I'm quite a Curry devotee and cook Indian several times a week but I'd never heard of a Phall before.  Its on the menu for this week.   It contains nearly as much Chilli as a Pharisee Red Curry (15 whole red Chillis).  Make sure you have loads of refreshing yoghurt and liquid handy.   :cheers:

Wooksta, I'm surprised you can't find Urid in Northern England.  I'd have thought there were plenty of Indian groceries in that part of the country?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Wooksta!

The West Road is full of them, but apparently there's no call for it.  I'm going back up there at the weekend for some pans, so I'll be having another look.  There's a few shops I know I didn't try - it was 12.30 on friday so they were all closing to go to the mosque.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on January 17, 2012, 06:47:15 AM
Quote from: JayBee on January 17, 2012, 05:31:30 AM
Oh GODS, don't let NARSES know  :wacko:

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 17, 2012, 06:33:57 AM
oooooooh nice  ;D :thumbsup:

Hans Blix's team just landed in Croyden.... :blink:

Your'e doing this to wind me up arn't you ? It's CroydO;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on January 18, 2012, 03:46:55 AM
You are all welcome. 

I must admit I found it when trying to figure out what a Lamb Phall was, when Chris mentioned it yesterday.  I'm quite a Curry devotee and cook Indian several times a week but I'd never heard of a Phall before.  Its on the menu for this week.   It contains nearly as much Chilli as a Pharisee Red Curry (15 whole red Chillis).  Make sure you have loads of refreshing yoghurt and liquid handy.   :cheers:

Best of luck - oh check you have enough toilet paper as well  :wacko:

Must admit I tend to prefer milder "Northern Indian" curries as I get older, although I still have the occasional Phall. We've had a nice small restaurant open in Croydon Lately. What I call upper middle class Pakistani. Run by a middle aged couple and a lot of the regulars look like retired Indian Army senior officers  :thumbsup: Food is excellent

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.