Most useful website I've found in quite some time

Started by rickshaw, January 17, 2012, 04:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

I've been using them for a couple of years. The Nuwabi is my personal favourite. Each sachet holds enough for 8 servings but the catering packs are exceptional value.

I did a curry cooking course at my local college and the tutor suggested them. They make truly curry house tasting meals.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on January 18, 2012, 09:28:20 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 18, 2012, 06:51:51 AM
Quote from: Mossie on January 17, 2012, 06:47:15 AM
Quote from: JayBee on January 17, 2012, 05:31:30 AM
Oh GODS, don't let NARSES know  :wacko:

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 17, 2012, 06:33:57 AM
oooooooh nice  ;D :thumbsup:

Hans Blix's team just landed in Croyden.... :blink:

Your'e doing this to wind me up arn't you ? It's CroydE;D

Little me???? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Mossie don't think I havn't seen your little edit - count yourself as on the list !!!  :wacko: :mellow: :mellow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

In my dentist this afternoon I spotted a reading gem amongst the magazines, Chaat. This is the magazine of the British Curry Club and is available at all good newsagents for just £3.25  :thumbsup:
Inside the front cover is a great spoof of those ambulance chasing lawyer adverts, offering 2-4-1 meals for club members.

http://www.britishcurryclub.co.uk/chaat/

PR19_Kit

The British Curry Club???  :o

Is this a wind-up, or............?

[Later] No it isn't, it's for real! My brain hurts........!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Obviously you do not worship the one true food, Kit...   :wacko:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on January 19, 2012, 08:14:20 PM

That'd be kedgeree for me  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Nick

Kedgeree? A good Indian dish that!
Bet there's a few good spicy recipes out there.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

lancer

An interesting site, but the only curries I really like are Thai/Malaysian/Chinese. I've never really got the taste for Indian curries. I know that probably makes me a heritic to the rest of you but heresy is fun!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

rickshaw

Curry Love is a broad church, we accept all lovers of the form, if not the origin, of the dish.    :wub:

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 20, 2012, 01:24:44 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on January 19, 2012, 08:14:20 PM

That'd be kedgeree for me  ;D

Kedgeree is actually Anglo-Indian, rather than Indian...

Its what the Nabobs brought back with them to England once they'd done their share of pillaging and exploiting and which the Mem-Sahibs interpreted as being "Indian-like" rather than Indian, itself.   ;D

PR19_Kit

I don't care WHAT nationality it is or where its roots lie, I just like eating it.  ;D

Regards
Kit

MilitaryAircraft101

Kit, you sure?

Trinidad Scorpion Butch T - 1,463,700 Scoville heat units  :o :o :o :o (for comparison - the hottest Jalapeno is 8000 Scoville units :blink:)
From wikipedia page
QuoteThe Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper is so strong that those who handle it must wear protective gloves. Exposure to the eyes or skin near the eyes when handling this pepper could cause temporary blindness. While preparing the Butch T, one should wear a chemical mask or a body suit to defend against fumes given off in the cooking process.
HOLY COW!

RussC

Geez thats 5x the burn of Habaneros a.k.a. "Scotch Bonnets".

Thats a WMD , not a condiment.

And its secret is raising peppers with the runoff from an earthworm farm...... :-X
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

PR19_Kit

Quote from: MilitaryAircraft101 on January 22, 2012, 04:00:25 PM
Kit, you sure?

I was referring specifically to kedgeree.......  ;D

And any peppers of any sort that are stronger than the sort which comes out of a pepper shaker are too strong for my taste!

Regards
Kit