Supermarine Spitfire Mk22 Floatplane

Started by Vulcan7, January 20, 2012, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

It was meant to be the German flag with the gold in place of the yellow RussC, although I wasn't sure about the black & red, as I didn't want it to look in any way Nazified - I think the gold pulls it back  :cheers:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

RussC

Yes, it looks like you hit it just right and putting the entrant number on the tail in place of the hakenkruetz seals it.

:thumbsup:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

martinbayer

Quote from: Vostoc7 on January 28, 2012, 02:04:56 PM
It was meant to be the German flag with the gold in place of the yellow RussC, although I wasn't sure about the black & red, as I didn't want it to look in any way Nazified - I think the gold pulls it back  :cheers:

Actually, the correct colours of the German flag are indeed black, red and gold (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Germany - the gold simply is mostly substituted with yellow in printing), so you're right on the money with this one :-X!

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

McColm

Vulcan7

Quote from: martinbayer on January 29, 2012, 07:39:50 AM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on January 28, 2012, 02:04:56 PM

Actually, the correct colours of the German flag are indeed black, red and gold (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Germany - the gold simply is mostly substituted with yellow in printing), so you're right on the money with this one :-X!

Martin

very many thanks Martin, that is a happy accident  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

A floatplane Dewoitine 520 would look pretty darn good perhaps?

And the Dora looks FANTASTIC too, is that your usual hand painted Revell gold too?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 29, 2012, 10:40:00 AM
A floatplane Dewoitine 520 would look pretty darn good perhaps?

And the Dora looks FANTASTIC too, is that your usual hand painted Revell gold too?

:cheers: yes i bought another tin of the gold  ;D

yes I need to get a Dewoitine 520 & maybe a SAI 403 "Dardo"??...would be great to get a Bloch 157 it did 441 mph but there is no kit ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

:cheers:

late US entry build (while still waiting for the Fiat G.56)

P-47M Thunderbolt 470mph+ (Revell 1/72 kit + usual PM Floatplane floats & tail fin extension)

PR19_Kit

Outstanding!  :thumbsup:

If it's not a rude question, what are you going to do with all those floatless PM Spitfire kits? Or do they come with wheels too?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 30, 2012, 02:26:06 PM
Outstanding!  :thumbsup:

If it's not a rude question, what are you going to do with all those floatless PM Spitfire kits? Or do they come with wheels too?

:cheers:  very good question, I was thinking of maybe making a squadron of X-Wing Spits to take on some of the more wacky Luft46?  ;D :thumbsup:

Vulcan7

Finally got round to doing the Airfix Mk22 Spit version (after a house fire :rolleyes::thumbsup:

CSMO

Wowsers! R.J. Mitchell must be dancing for joy up in heaven when he saw your Mk.22 floatplane. Talk about an S.6b on steroids. You win big with this model, I am in love. Adios, Larry. :mellow: :wub: :thumbsup:  :thumbsup::cheers:
"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

PR19_Kit

Good to see you back Vostoc7, hope you've recovered from the fire OK.

That Spit 22 is right up to your usual excellent seaplane standard, well done.  :thumbsup: :bow:

Regards
Kit

ericr

beautiful floatplanization, and astonishing colouring (gold with blue and red is nearly as good as yellow)
:thumbsup: