German WW2 gas turbine assault gun AUREOLE-FINISHED

Started by dekybomber, January 23, 2012, 06:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dekybomber

And here is my project that is currently on the way,the base kit is revell s 1/35 jagdpanther,my old kit that i assemble some 12-13 years ago,the old pait has been removed,and the top of the roof and main gun has been cut and lowered,i made new roof from styren,at the back of the vehicle i put jet exhaust,main gun is elongated King Tiger 88mm gun,there are still a lot of work to do,we will see how it will turn out in the end,here are some pictures..ps,the photos are a bit blurred,because of my mobile phone camera.

PR19_Kit

...and if you run out of ammo you just do a 180 deg. turn and roast your enemy!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Sticky Fingers

The term "Scorged Earth Tactics" springs to mind, somehow...
Looks very promising indeed!

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

rickshaw

Jet powered - as in the jet propels the vehicle forward or gas-turbine powered where the jet engine is coupled to the tracks via a gearbox?

If its the former, its going to move very slowly.   If its the latter it would be quite sprightly, if short-ranged.   Either way, with those exhausts it's going to have massive dust clouds behind it, as well as a trail of fire as it set alights to everything it drives past.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

dekybomber

Finaly it is finished,the idea for this project came to me from old PS1 game panzer front,in the game it s called AUREOLE gas turbine tank,well ok it s not the same as tank from the game,but i am satesfied,cheers  :lol:

mkhulu

Going nowhere slowly

NARSES2

That is gorgeous  :bow:

Just nominated for a Whiffie  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TallEng

Very nice :thumbsup:
Lovely camouflage too.
One question, why are the extra side amour plating cut down in the middle there?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

dekybomber

Well the side amour plating is cut down in the middle because of the commander periscopes,two on each side.

Weaver

Cool! Well, hot actually, but in a cool way...... ;) :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Martin H

you wouldnt want any friendly panzer grenadiers or volksturm trying to hide behind it for cover, even with the turbines at idle....................
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

RotorheadTX

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

buzzbomb