WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

The truth is even stranger than you think.  It may well  be that several of this community are actually working for M I nine and three quarters, or  MOD, or possibly even NATO, deliberately spreading disinformation and confusion.  Some of our more unlikely whiffs could well be true and other apparently OOB creations actually Whiffs.   I have cleared this suggestion with UNESCO, the UK government Department of Drains, Holes and Sewers, the local rector and an unnamed but senior individual at the GCHQ in order not to commit a breach of  the Official Secrets Act.

On the other hand, this might all be fiction and Whiffworld has triumphed yet again.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on January 10, 2019, 06:40:12 AM

The truth is even stranger than you think.  It may well  be that several of this community are actually working for M I nine and three quarters, or  MOD, or possibly even NATO, deliberately spreading disinformation and confusion.  Some of our more unlikely whiffs could well be true and other apparently OOB creations actually Whiffs.   I have cleared this suggestion with UNESCO, the UK government Department of Drains, Holes and Sewers, the local rector and an unnamed but senior individual at the GCHQ in order not to commit a breach of  the Official Secrets Act.

Curses, I've been rumbled.....................  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

"MI nine and 3/4"

LMAO!!!   :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

On the other hand, this might all be fiction and Whiffworld has triumphed yet again.

Yeah - the 'Whif model' is the thing that comes up first in a Goggle search, the Real version is buried in later pages...  ;D

And if I seem to disappear at any time later, you know what's happened... or you may think you do... ;D ;D

NARSES2

the local rector and an unnamed but senior individual at the GCHQ in order not to commit a breach of  the Official Secrets Act.

Every time I see the vicar of our local "High *" Anglican church he is hiding in some dark corner furtively using his mobile phone, so could well be one and the same ?

* We have two local Anglican churches ; this High one built in the late Victorian era which is a red brick, Jerry built monstrosity and another stone church built in the 1750's which is gorgeous
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

martinbayer

There are some noteworthy Whifs in the annual Silly Week postings at http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/, such as a GAF Corsair II, a Supermarine Stiletto F1e, a twin engined MiG-15 OPLR, a jet engined DC-3, and an Osprey Skycrane, and a What If Saab Tunnan was posted at http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/m/online/1581086.aspx. With his prolific output, which dates back several years, Kees Kuyper on the Aircraft Resource Center site might IMHO be worthy of being invited to this forum.

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Tophe

Some creations there have been presented here, like the asymmetric Bristol at
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal16/15001-16100/gal15045-Bristol-63CPE/00.shtm
by our dear friend 63cpe

see here at http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,45266.60.html
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

From what I could see before the Anti Ad-Blocker pop-up caused me to close the window it looks pretty good.
Although I have to question with the statement that 1/72 is pretty close to 1/50 (but I suppose it's all relative innit).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Interesting development: a photographer/illustrator stumbled upon my works on Flickr, and created his own interpretation(s) based on on a mecha pic.

More variants here (incl. source reference, highly appreciated) http://hotsta.net/media/1976550360521934010_8213729941

And here's the original:

(Fang of the Sun) Dougram +++ 1:72 Soltic H8 "Roundfacer" (revamped Takara kit/Revell re-boxing)
by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

And it is not meant derogatively. As far as I can tell, whiffing just fits the forum's bill and the authors there modify the content - but as long as the source is quoted, I am fine with that. Who am I to judge other people's imagination?

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 04, 2019, 02:37:44 AM
And it is not meant derogatively. As far as I can tell, whiffing just fits the forum's bill and the authors there modify the content - but as long as the source is quoted, I am fine with that.

Exactly.  I once got metaphorically yelled at on dA for over-crediting.  But then, I've got one of those social science degrees, and its always better to oversource than undersource.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng