WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I do like that MIG -SPB,  one of my favorite builds of yours Dizzy.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Green Dragon

Must have missed that Lastochka Dizzy, it's a cracker! Looks like the old Esci Whiftastic Ka50 with Me262 engines but not sure what the wings and tail are from though?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Dizzyfugu

Wings and tail came from an Airfix A-1 Skyraider...  ;) Built it several years ago.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Green Dragon

Built a few Airfix Skyraiders over the years so I should have recognized them!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

perttime

Edward Lodewijk (Eddie) Van Halen might be a familiar name for those who follow(ed) rock music, especially in 1980s. A pretty handy guy with a guitar and played some famous solos. He started modifying his Stratocaster guitars because none was quite what he wanted, out of the box. So he made what became known as the "Frankenstein" guitar, or Frankenstrat.

On the Telecaster Discussion Page Reissue forum (tdpri.com), member fasteddie455 has just released his What-If version, based on the premise that Eddie Van Halen took his screwdrivers, soldering iron, tape and paint to a Telecaster guitar, instead ( http://www.tdpri.com/threads/copy-of-eddie-van-halens-tele.950801/ ). The guitar is reproduced with appropriate weathering (termed relicing in guitar circles), down to dings, scratches and some burn marks.

For reference: a real iteration of the Frankenstrat:

fasteddie455's Frankentele:

A magazine cover that proves the Frankentele is real:

ChernayaAkula

That's a rather neat camo scheme on that guitar.  Just swap the colours for something appropriate to the region whatever you want to have camouflaged is operating in.   :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Rick Lowe

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 20, 2019, 05:19:51 PM
That's a rather neat camo scheme on that guitar.  Just swap the colours for something appropriate to the region whatever you want to have camouflaged is operating in.   :thumbsup:

How about on stage, in a Rock Concert?  ;D ;D

Yeah yeah, I'll get my coat... :rolleyes:

Scotaidh

I have a Robotech model on the shelf - IIRC, the 'recommended' camouflage is purple and red ... I bet it'd look just as 'good' dressed as that guitar.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tc2324 on May 22, 2019, 03:36:11 PM
Great looking C-130  :thumbsup:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/mainly_military/italeri-72-scale-c-130j-what-if-t11130.html#p130851

It sure is, and the builder raises a good point. Why DON'T the BBMF have their own transport aircraft? What's good enough for the Blue Angels and the T'Birds.............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

That is brilliant!!!  I love it.
-Sprues McDuck-

perttime

There's also a version that is white with black stripes: winter camo for wooded areas.

"A Telecaster is a damn good club" - Keith Richards