WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

That is pretty much the same as when I had a walk-through an He.111 (CASA 2.111) and a B-17 quite a few years ago. I couldn't believe just how cramped it was in them. My walk-through was more like a crawl-through in the CASA
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kerick

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 27, 2021, 10:57:01 AM
That is pretty much the same as when I had a walk-through an He.111 (CASA 2.111) and a B-17 quite a few years ago. I couldn't believe just how cramped it was in them. My walk-through was more like a crawl-through in the CASA

In comparison a B-29 cockpit is spacious! There would be no need for an enlarged studio version.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Having viewed movies such as Operation Petticoat many times I was shocked to find out how cramped the interior of the USS Bowfin was when I went through her at Pearl Harbor.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on September 28, 2021, 04:48:16 AM
Having viewed movies such as Operation Petticoat many times I was shocked to find out how cramped the interior of the USS Bowfin was when I went through her at Pearl Harbor.

Yup.  I crawled through the USS Ling when I was a wee cub scout, and it was cramped to me then.  And much later, I toured the USS Growler (SSG), and it was *still* cramped.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

I never connected the film and boat on my visits. Thanks for enlightening me  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

My squadron got a tour of the USS Missouri at Pearl Harbor when she was still active. It was not nearly as tight as a sub but add several hundred sailors and things would fill up fast.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

The Rat

Instead of posting all the ones on iModeler, here is a link to their What If? page. Lots to see here. https://imodeler.com/tag/what-if/

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 28, 2021, 06:09:17 AM

I never connected the film and boat on my visits. Thanks for enlightening me  :thumbsup:

I didn't at the time.  Bowfin wasn't used in the movie but three other Balao class boats were for external shots.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 03, 2021, 02:32:00 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 28, 2021, 06:09:17 AM

I didn't at the time.  Bowfin wasn't used in the movie but three other Balao class boats were for external shots.

Ah right  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 03, 2021, 05:40:10 AM
Quote from: Doug K on October 03, 2021, 04:59:46 AM
Quote from: The Rat on October 02, 2021, 08:21:03 PM
Another from iModeler https://imodeler.com/2014/08/westland-lysander-on-floats-now-this-is-how-i-would-have-done-it/

That really works well

Yup. Perhaps as a FAA Fleet spotter on board the KG V class ?

Change the roundels and flash to SEAC and you've got yourself a SOE infiltrator for Burma\French Indochina
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on October 03, 2021, 06:02:29 AM

Change the roundels and flash to SEAC and you've got yourself a SOE infiltrator for Burma\French Indochina

Indeed  :thumbsup: