WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Oh that is impressive ..small too..48th WW1 aircraft are so small as i found out with my Spad  ;D
Tell Daniel Zac that planes a cracker mate  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

KiwiZac

The full build thread is here.

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 27, 2022, 06:17:56 PM
Tell Daniel Zac that planes a cracker mate  :thumbsup:
His name's Brad, but I will!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Wardukw

Well ill rewrite that  :lol:
Its a cracker Brad  :thumbsup: ..there all porper now  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Found one of my model creations as a War Thunder skin; as usual, no credits, it's a very faithful copy except for the (Chinese) ordnance, even the tactical code and the yellow walkway markings from an F-4 are the same...

https://live.warthunder.com/post/1057124/en/

"Fake":

"Original":

1:72 Hawker Harpy F.1A; aircraft 'XL196/J' of 43rd Squadron, Royal Air Force; RAF Leuchars, 1969 (Whif/Kit conversion)
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

I don't think that's the first time you've had your creations copied is it, Dizzy?

I wonder what else Wart Thunder has stolen from this forum?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Dizzyfugu

There have been various virtual renditions of my builds at WT; I remember my first Saab 32 (which was a 100% copy, too), and there were surely others, too. I feel somehow honored, when my creation motivates others to become creative, too, but it's almost always without consent or credit. I recently had a request via Flickr, and it turned out that my build was too fictional to become part of a MiG-21 family article.

Rick Lowe

But at least they asked you.

Dizzyfugu

Yes, I was amazed - even though the pics were not used then, but that's what asking and talking beforehand is good for...

jcf

Due to the nature of image sharing on the web, social media in particular, the person doing the copying may not be aware of the origin of the image.

Of course, if they do their due diligence it wouldn't be that difficult to find the original source.  
:rolleyes: 

Dizzyfugu

Yes, the only option would be to add watermarks, but that's a measure I find counter-productive.  :banghead:

jcf

TinEye Reverse Image Search is a good tool for finding where an image is being used.
It'll show dead as well as active links and similar images. You can sort and filter the
results in various ways, including oldest which can show the first instance of an open
posting.

https://tineye.com/

perttime

A somewhat local guy who builds and flies R/C aircraft has been doing some cutting, shaping, etc. of insulation foam. He is calling it Corsbolt.

You cannot view this attachment.
https://lennokit.net/showthread.php?t=73054

Not quite done yet - but almost ready for a test flight. If it flies, he might start adding details.

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.