WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

It looks a bit like &, yet, completely unlike either the Jug or the Corsair but it looks cool! :mellow:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: perttime on December 15, 2022, 09:29:16 PMYou cannot view this attachment.

Odd, but I like it, esp. the modified RAF roundels on the wings.
Funny thing is that I have been think about the exact opposite kitbashing: a land-based F4U with P-47 wings!  ;D

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 16, 2022, 06:09:10 AMOdd, but I like it, esp. the modified RAF roundels on the wings.
Funny thing is that I have been think about the exact opposite kitbashing: a land-based F4U with P-47 wings!  ;D

Double kitbash then?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Not directly a whif, but food for thought about future warfare (after Russia is rumored to deploy unmanned vehicles to "seek and destroy Leopard 2 tanks"):

https://designtaxi.com/news/422057/US-Marines-Hid-From-AI-Cameras-By-Concealing-Themselves-In-Cardboard-Boxes/

perttime

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 02, 2023, 04:02:19 AMNot directly a whif, but food for thought about future warfare (after Russia is rumored to deploy unmanned vehicles to "seek and destroy Leopard 2 tanks"):

https://designtaxi.com/news/422057/US-Marines-Hid-From-AI-Cameras-By-Concealing-Themselves-In-Cardboard-Boxes/
I recall news about Ukrainian troops concealing themselves during an operation by holding "sleeping pads" / "roll mats" above themselves, to prevent detection by thermal imaging.

Wardukw

Clear glass is the best for shielding you thermal imaging...not great against bullets tho  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

Stunner over on Britmodeller, a Ukraine Tornado by Lightningboy2000

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Old Wombat

If that is paint work, rather than a repurposed decal set from a Ukrainian MiG-29 or Su-27, then the builder has my profound respect (even if they used one of the pre-cut masking sets). :thumbsup:  :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Wardukw

It's painted on that camo ..just behind the closest intake you can see in the blue where his template wasn't pushed down hard enough and there's some paint bleeding.
Other than that it's bloody beautiful..one hell of a build.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

There are masking sets around for this type of pixel cammo, e.g. for Ukrainian Su-25s and -24s, IIRC.

PR19_Kit

AWESOME finish however they did it.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I don't have enough spare time for something like that.

But well done whoever did it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

frank2056

It's pretty easy, actually... just get two or three colors of digital camo paint and paint away, as illustrated here:
https://youtu.be/Jm_HUhHKWC0?t=193

Wardukw

Oh I know it's easy Frank mate ..ive done it a grand total of three times now :lol:
The next one im gonna do is going to be a hard one ..a ton of tape work and I'm really looking forward to it.