WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: jcf on September 23, 2023, 09:47:15 AMEvidently Trevor Fiore felt the same way.
Citröen Karin, 1980.

You cannot view this attachment.

Did it go screaming "Je voudrais parler au directeur!" when it was brought in for maintenance?
 :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

zenrat

Quote from: jcf on September 23, 2023, 09:47:15 AMEvidently Trevor Fiore felt the same way.
Citröen Karin, 1980.

That would fit right into a seventies sci-fi movie like Logans Run.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I quite liked the Karin, but it would have been SO hot to drive on a summer's day!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Doug K

Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2023, 05:28:18 AM
Citröen Karin, 1980.

Looks like Musk's cyber truck fever dream

scooter

Quote from: Doug K on September 24, 2023, 07:55:47 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2023, 05:28:18 AM
Citröen Karin, 1980.

Looks like Musk's cyber truck fever dream

It also looks like the car you used to draw as a kid
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

kerick

How would you open the doors or windows?
If the whole top came off you might have something there!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

It's got gull-wing doors that hinge up at the cant rail height.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: kerick on September 24, 2023, 08:58:03 AMHow would you open the doors or windows?
If the whole top came off you might have something there!
I could imagine those doors opening forward and up. I thought it would be a bit flimsy for gull wing doors.

But... how tall can the passengers be before their heads hit the windows?
My pretty little Audi is theoretically a 4-seater. Two dogs, that aren't all that big, fit fine in the back, and I suppose two small children would fit under the rear window.

PR19_Kit

Somewhere I've just seen pics of the Karin with the doors open. Can I find it again? Can I thump!  :banghead:

Actually I'm not quite right, they were 'butterfly doors' which hinged on the A posts, the windscreen pillars if you like ('A posts' is a techie term used in the industry....) and not on the minute cant rails.

Regards
Kit

jcf

The design is deeper than it appears from the photos, and the three occupants would basically be sitting on the floor. 
BTW it was only ever a mockup.

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 24, 2023, 09:56:49 AMSomewhere I've just seen pics of the Karin with the doors open. Can I find it again? Can I thump!  :banghead:

Actually I'm not quite right, they were 'butterfly doors' which hinged on the A posts, the windscreen pillars if you like ('A posts' is a techie term used in the industry....) and not on the minute cant rails.
Kit ever since I started working on cars ive always called em A.B.C and D pillars   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

That's what the US call them too, here we call them 'posts'.

But for some reason the more modern car people just call the middle post the 'B post', not the 'B-C post' as they did in my time. Very strange.

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Oh I've heard em called the B-C post before..it a fact tho that the English can be quite strange  :unsure:  ;D
Times change but I'm kinda wondering now if it's got to do with foreign cars being built in the UK and the dealings with the parent company and having to use their lingo for the description of the cars parts.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .