WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madoc

Nicely done!

And a sensible repositioning of the engines.  Yeah, the thrust line is asymmetric in that they're now both above the centerline of the aircraft.  Plenty of other birds fly that way without issue.  And this setup avoids the FOD issues that the original seemed tailor made for.

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 22, 2014, 02:27:39 AM
A nice, converted AZ Models Gotha G.60 night fighter, from fellow modeler The Chaos at phoxim.de:
Wherever you go, there you are!

Dizzyfugu

Another Vanship interpretation, found on Pinterest:

Cries for hardware! Even though the entry hatch is a bit small? Maybe it's "Hobbit Airlines"?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

The more I look at that the more I find myself ticking off the kits I would need to bash that! I think I would add a fin at the rear, rounded off of course, just because.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Caveman

I think a DH88 comet would be a good donor?
secretprojects forum migrant

Captain Canada

LOve that Gotha ! Has that dirty and well used look to her.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Caveman on May 25, 2014, 10:25:03 AM
I think a DH88 comet would be a good donor?

I was thinking of a 1930s car to make the "engines" at the wing tips from. Cut the front fenders off and glue them together with the one head light in the front. It would take two kits to do it. Definitely need to wait for a sale some where.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

30's cars tend to not have the lights in the mudguards.  You'd want a late 40's or 50's car.
This is good as there is more choice.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

I'm sure you are right. I'll know the car I want when I see it.
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Found on FlickR, made by fellow model kit builder and illustrator FrancLab from Canada:

Aviation bizarre / Weird designs 6 by Franclab, on Flickr

Aviation bizarre / Weird designs 5 by Franclab, on Flickr

;D

PR19_Kit

There's some SERIOUS mixing and matching going on there!  :o

I'd hate to try and build most of them in plastic, I'd need about a TON of putty to meld the bits together!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

As drawings of new silhouettes, they are very wonderful, thanks a lot! :wub: :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

Several of those would look realistic. I bet they would fool many members of the public.
Tophe the Wise

TallEng

Interesting  :thumbsup:
I particularly like the Lightvampire.
Looks almost doable :drink:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Weaver

Quote from: TallEng on May 27, 2014, 12:28:01 PM
Interesting  :thumbsup:
I particularly like the Lightvampire.
Looks almost doable :drink:

Regards
Keith

I was just thinking that: there was a Miles proposal for a twin-boom, long-range naval patrol fighter with a jet in the back of the nacelle and a piston engine in the front. You could do the Lightvampire and claim that it's twin pistons instead, or that it was originally all-piston and this is a late version designed to boost performance.

You could probably do the same with a Flitzer and a Fw-189 and pass it off as genuine Luft '46.... :wacko:

On another tack, that Starfightwulf looks like a good basis for a sci-fi space fighter.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones