WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled across this misplaced Vulcan...

zenrat

Vulcan looks good.  I wonder what a TSR2 would look like with that camo?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

JayBee

What do you mean, misplaced? Looks absolutely right to me.  :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

Looks great in that camo and meatball scheme !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

That Japanese Vulcan was on the stand next to us at the MK show this year, and very impressive it was too. I posted a pic of it on here somewhere.

The same guy built a turbo-prop Sunderland with a refuelling probe above the nose...........  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 14, 2015, 08:05:12 AMThe same guy built a turbo-prop Sunderland with a refuelling probe above the cockpit...........  :o

I want to see that. NOW! I don't care who has to get rubbed out in that quest!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Here's the Vulcan again...

....and here's the Sunderland.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 14, 2015, 08:19:30 AM

....and here's the Sunderland.

excellent variation!
long live flying boats! (and seaplanes in general)

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

kerick

Almost looks like C-130 engines. Perfect idea!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Wonder what's there on the left with that desert scheme...? A Bombay with Centaurus engines?  :blink:

The Rat

For a decade I've had plans for a turbo Sunderland, but a bit different from that one. Allison T-56 engines, like a C-130, but the extra power might require a major tweak to the wings, so I would give them 0° of sweepback. Why? Attend: when the Sunderland first flew, there was no sweepback to the wings. But when the four-gun Fraser-Nash tail turret was fitted, the C of G shifted aft, leading to handling troubles. In order to correct this, the wings were given 4° of sweep. This in turn led to another handling quirk: when power was reduced quickly, the nose pitched up, instead of down. I figured that with the increase in power it might increase that idiosyncrasy, so the wings would be moved back to 0°, and various internal arrangements reconfigured to correct the C of G problems. (Bigger stove in the galley? Bar fridge? More luxurious head?)  Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not an aeronautical engineer, but MFM! Also square off the wing tips and empennage tips, add a large radome to the nose, and a searchlight under one wing. MAD boom out of the tail, and Bob's yer uncle!

scooter

Quote from: The Rat on July 15, 2015, 04:06:36 AMAlso square off the wing tips and empennage tips, add a large radome to the nose, and a searchlight under one wing. MAD boom out of the tail, and Bob's yer uncle!

So...C-130 wings and empennage then?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Rat

Quote from: scooter on July 15, 2015, 04:25:21 AM
Quote from: The Rat on July 15, 2015, 04:06:36 AMAlso square off the wing tips and empennage tips, add a large radome to the nose, and a searchlight under one wing. MAD boom out of the tail, and Bob's yer uncle!

So...C-130 wings and empennage then?

Nah, just get out the hacksaw and putty!  ;D

Captain Canada

Great looking Sunderland. I like the desert camo on the Freighter as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?