WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Captain Canada

That does look pretty cool !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Found this alternative to the Mirage III in South African Service:

Nice! The Sparrows might be a little over-ambitious, but the desert cammo looks very good on the Saab 35.

Knightflyer

For what Dizzyfugu has just posted I'm only getting the little picture icons   :banghead:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Now that`s cool. Well armed to boot ! That`s an aero I`ve yet to build, but one of these days !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

In South Africa they'd need the belly mounted drop tanks I reckon, it's a BIG place!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 05, 2016, 02:45:16 AM
Found this alternative to the Mirage III in South African Service:

Nice! The Sparrows might be a little over-ambitious, but the desert cammo looks very good on the Saab 35.
The F, J, and XS models could fire the SARH version of Falcon missile (Rb 27, based on the AIM-26B), so the radar was capable of continuous illumination and Sparrow might have been doable, at least in theory.

Dizzyfugu

This would certainly not stop us from developing an advanced version that could deploy AIM-7, wouldn't it?  ;)
I actually wonder if a two-seater with a bigger radome (maybe with the F-104S' NASARR F-15-A?) and the long tail of the late fighters would be an option?

I have a Heller kit stashed away somewhere... I like the South Africa idea very much - and with PRU Blue undersides and fin this could look really odd.  :wacko:

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 05, 2016, 09:03:09 AM
In South Africa they'd need the belly mounted drop tanks I reckon, it's a BIG place!

I know somewhere bigger, with longer stretches of bugger-all between fuel stops, too.

They didn't buy the Draken, either.

Possibly because they'd have needed belly, wing, wing-tip & conformal fuselage-top tanks for them to be deployable (if they really require belly tanks to operate in South Africa).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 06, 2016, 03:52:45 AM

I know somewhere bigger, with longer stretches of bugger-all between fuel stops, too.

Was the Mirage any better in that regard ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 06, 2016, 05:25:31 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on August 06, 2016, 03:52:45 AM

Was the Mirage any better in that regard ?

Not really. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Right. I thought I was missing something but thought I'd check  ;D Getting old you know  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.