WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

...and a virtual re-creation of one of my Whirlwinds (even with credits  :thumbsup: ):

https://live.warthunder.com/post/1097607/en/

Just the Merlins and the radar nose with the operator behind it were apparently not available.  :angel:

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 15, 2024, 08:02:25 AMThe ex-Ukrainian-now-Russian fan club...

https://alternathistory-ru.translate.goog/such-1/?_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp
I wonder, if after the war, they'll go back to being Ukranian...

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 16, 2024, 06:58:46 AM...and a virtual re-creation of one of my Whirlwinds (even with credits  :thumbsup: ):

https://live.warthunder.com/post/1097607/en/

Just the Merlins and the radar nose with the operator behind it were apparently not available.  :angel:

And its nice to someone on WT actually attribute your original work, rather than just outright steal it.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

tahsin

The Alternatehistory is always good to check even if I can't find the time to do it regularly.

Something new about MiG-18

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tahsin on February 17, 2024, 01:08:07 AMSomething new about MiG-18

From the above link....

QuoteThe aircraft was equipped with a cylindrical buoy (green) used to simulate the noise of a submarine.The buoy is equipped with a small jet engine that allows it to descend to a given depth in a vertical position. When not in operation, the engine is covered with a red safety cover.

Eh? How does an UNDERWATER jet engine work then?  :o  :o  :o  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2024, 03:32:43 AM
Quote from: tahsin on February 17, 2024, 01:08:07 AMSomething new about MiG-18

From the above link....

QuoteThe aircraft was equipped with a cylindrical buoy (green) used to simulate the noise of a submarine.The buoy is equipped with a small jet engine that allows it to descend to a given depth in a vertical position. When not in operation, the engine is covered with a red safety cover.

Eh? How does an UNDERWATER jet engine work then?  :o  :o  :o  :o

Water enters the front.  An electric motor turns the compressor stages compressing it before it is expelled from the rear creating thrust... :mellow:

But I know what you meant.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tahsin

Handwavium takes its name from Obi Wan Kenobi tricking the Stormtrooper Patrol in Star Wars A New Hope to believe those were not the droids they were looking for. For the underwater decoy, it is probably a tube where the usual torpedo propeller mechanism runs. Or the guy had only bombs and no small size torpedos. The confusing thing could be what's the range of this plane that it can't be tracked off from take off and catches the USN unaware enough to suggest it was underwater Nazis. But yes, Handwavium is a good thing.

Edit: Had to go to Karopka.ru adress to see the green tube thing. Another Handwavium hardware to fly out of radar range. Maybe it loses something in the translation?

tahsin

Here, the guy's other work. I most definitely love the first biplane you will see scrolling down.

Dizzyfugu

The Vanships are nice, too.  :thumbsup:

tahsin

Two of vanships then.

With double adresses though they are basically the same piece.

https://www.maxim.com/rides/lazzarini-fd-one-2020-1/
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/future-tech/unofficial-concept-flying-ferrari-future

While this would also be fit for the Artstation thread, are they supposed to have guns?

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Quote from: tahsin on February 27, 2024, 04:47:10 PMWhile this would also be fit for the Artstation thread, are they supposed to have guns?

Not according to the 1/72 Hasegawa kit;

This gives a fairly good idea;

QuoteMilitary Vanship

Military vanships are a type of vanship developed for use in combat. While they were developed by Anatoray, they are not used in any battles against the Disith (possibly due to the strict Guild rules regulating such combats), and only the outlaw vessel Silvana carries them. (In Last Exile - Fam, the Silver Wing, its successor Silvius carries military vanships as well).

Military vanships have overpowered dual thrusters for acceleration and maneuvering. They are the only Vanships equipped with onboard weapons: a pair of 600 rpm machine guns with 200-round ammunition boxes, underside racks for carrying bombs, drop-pods, and external tanks to compensate for the lower fuel efficiency of the overpowered thrusters. The navi is responsible for reloading the ammunition in addition to his or her other duties.

One of the green-painted military vanships carried by the Silvana
MilitaryVanshipFive

Ship Five, an unpainted military vanship carried by the Silvana
https://lastexile.fandom.com/wiki/Military_Vanship
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

tahsin

From this one, the latter one called the Dietl fighter. Go to the link for the image. Some guy ı know saw that while searching something else next to jpgs of a newspaper article in which a former RAF officer accused 3 high ranking officials to be Communist spies during WW2. Accordingly, one SPF member really comes close to identify that image is presented in the wrong way. What you would think is the front is the rear and it is upside down as well so that the return engine grille intakes looks like some exhaust. 4 of "RM-55"" tubes per wing and that one is bigger and a nasty bag of tricks in itself. Also being fired backwards. While it is stupid to cross 2 or 3 kilometers of sky full of Fifty caliber lead with explosives on board, it should be more productive than being launched up to 10 kilometers into the sky and just have 2 seconds to take aim and fire. By that time the Soviets should have been talking to the actual designer.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!