WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 25, 2024, 04:12:27 AM
Quote from: comrade harps on July 25, 2024, 04:08:09 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 25, 2024, 01:06:43 AMYet another digital remake of my whiffy Swiss G.91YS at WarThunder - apparently the copy of a copy...

https://live.warthunder.com/post/1111695/en/

You are an inspiration.

Apparently. Scary.  :rolleyes:

What would they do without your inspiration?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Quote from: kerick on July 25, 2024, 10:04:52 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 25, 2024, 04:12:27 AM
Quote from: comrade harps on July 25, 2024, 04:08:09 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 25, 2024, 01:06:43 AMYet another digital remake of my whiffy Swiss G.91YS at WarThunder - apparently the copy of a copy...

https://live.warthunder.com/post/1111695/en/

You are an inspiration.

Apparently. Scary.  :rolleyes:

What would they do without your inspiration?
Probably keep churning out variations of Napkinwaffe stuff.
;D

Dizzyfugu

Received a request at FlickR to use a model of mine as a basis for a 3D model (what I denied, because I cannot assess how and where this might lead, also commercially, and after all there's a real world benchmark that inspired the model, too, which can be referred to), and after some legwork I came across this here:

https://x.com/UniPowerVR/status/1756887503208894787

Based upon:

Not bad. Nose is a bit massive, and it lacks the dordsal exhaust for the turboprop in the nose.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Oh that looks good in both profile and model forms 😍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Rat

Dutch East Indies Boomerang on Britmodeller, build thread is here
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

jcf

Quote from: The Rat on August 11, 2024, 11:44:51 AMDutch East Indies Boomerang on Britmodeller, build thread is here
He could fulfill the requested colours; blue, green, yellow and orange, and answer
his need for "plausibility", by using the US late '30s experimental/war game cammos
for inspiration. As they were mostly applied to the P-36 it would be appropriate for the Boomerang with it's pudgy shape.
;D
I'm not on Britmodeller, so feel free to share the notion with the guy.

You cannot view this attachment.

jcf

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 22, 2024, 02:42:04 AMMakes me wonder about a MiG-21 with Lightning wings...  :rolleyes:

IIRC, I have an 1:100 Tamiya Lightning somewhere in The Stash.  :wacko:
MiG-21 with a "notched delta" like the Lightning and a canard like the Ye-8.

scooter

Originally spied on Pintrest:

Build thread here
More on Artstation
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Quote from: jcf on August 12, 2024, 08:15:23 AM
Quote from: The Rat on August 11, 2024, 11:44:51 AMDutch East Indies Boomerang on Britmodeller, build thread is here
He could fulfill the requested colours; blue, green, yellow and orange, and answer
his need for "plausibility", by using the US late '30s experimental/war game cammos
for inspiration. As they were mostly applied to the P-36 it would be appropriate for the Boomerang with it's pudgy shape.
;D
I'm not on Britmodeller, so feel free to share the notion with the guy.

I like this camo ..im wondering what it would be like as a sharp edged spike type camo on a very modern figther now 🤔
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Sounds like another project for you, Phill...  ;)

Dizzyfugu

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on August 20, 2024, 10:46:07 PMSounds like another project for you, Phill...  ;)
My thoughts exactly Rick ol mate 👍 😃😃

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 20, 2024, 11:42:24 PM
Quote from: scooter on August 20, 2024, 11:26:43 AMOriginally spied on Pintrest:

Build thread here
More on Artstation

Cool!  :thumbsup:

Thats clever.  I like it a lot.  I picked it was based on a chopper but not which one.
Its got me thinking...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..