WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotte

bearmatt

The carpet monster took it!

lenny100

love it, that paint job is worth displaying on its own!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

My BIGGLES steampunked Corsair......

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1944.0

More Biggles steampunk is on the way....

CANSO

Quote from: Radish on January 17, 2013, 01:50:29 AM
My BIGGLES steampunked Corsair......
http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2075.0
Sorry to bother you, but I guess the above is for the "Soviet" again, not for the "Corso"... :-\...or at least I don't see it there.

Radish

Apologies.....I've altered the link in the post now. :banghead:

perttime

Cannot see them :(
On Beyond the Sprues, you need to be a member to view attachments.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

That is gorgeous ! Almost looks like one of those flawless models done for the Tamiya baxes/ catalog. But, why are they delivering bread to it ?

:banghead: :thumbsup:

Oh, and I think his serial number is wrong, as they wouldn't have been operational in '78  :wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

bearmatt

:lol:

Thx chaps! This is actually one of mine....
And I posted the whole building story a while ago in this forum too.

@ Cpt Canada: You caught me!  :banghead: That will be very difficult to explain, even in whifland.... :rolleyes:

Cheers

bearmatt
The carpet monster took it!

Captain Canada

LOL ! I was just kidding tho. I never bother with details like that, just couldn't resist this time. I only noticed as I gave it a really good once over....I just love the F-5 and this one just looks sooo nice.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Alvis 3.14159

From "The Operational History of the F-29: Backwards into the Fight!" Published April, 2015

Many plane spotters were immediate to claim something was wrong with the tail numbers on certain F-29s deployed overseas. They claimed that the numbers assigned indicated the planes had been taken on force in the late 70s, which was obviously not correct. The USAF for many years refused to comment on the matter, often casting aspersions onto the claimants that they were "delusional UFO watchers and not relevant", but the reality was that the USAF deliberately used a block of serials completely out of sequence for very spcific reasons. Only after the F-29s had been replaced with the F-37s did the truth finally come out.

Funding for the F-29 had been difficult at times, with many in the USAF procurement system actively attacking its' capability and usefulness. One way to get planes into service without calling attention to them was to use numbers previously assigned to older planes, like the F-15 or F-16, and claim it was "an upgrade". Presumably, nobody would notice, especially if the planes were based overseas. Once the F-29 had been in service and shown that it was a capable aircraft, then it would be too late to kill the program, which is exactly what the USAF did. An accounting nightmare was to follow, however, as F-16s were being withdrawn from service, and some of the F-29s were recalled back the the US, and placed in the disposal system. None were scrapped, but it did cause some embarrasment to the USAF to have to go retreive said planes from the boneyard and restore them to operational duties.

:lol:

Alvis Pi