WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Librarian

I think you've solved a mystery for me. In the late Seventies when I lived in Caracas I watched a series called OVNI, and loved it. Never knew where it came from. It was obviously UFO...I'm going to have to source some DVDs. Thanks.

Weaver

Quote from: Librarian on September 07, 2013, 01:45:05 AM
I think you've solved a mystery for me. In the late Seventies when I lived in Caracas I watched a series called OVNI, and loved it. Never knew where it came from. It was obviously UFO...I'm going to have to source some DVDs. Thanks.

You can watch a lot of the episodes complete on youtube. Not sure if they're all on there but a lot are.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

CANSO

I haven't seen this bird before

but now I really love it!
More pictures here.

Captain Canada

Woah ! Now that's pretty wild ! Looks like it would lose a lot of it's oomph with the radial's cooling vents open tho  :thumbsup: :wacko:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

martinbayer

Just found this F-104 based U-2 precursor design (long wing Starfighter alert for Kit!): http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/8-flugzeuge-modern/10724-lockheed-cl-282b-eigenbau.html

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Tophe

This longed wing Starfighter will please our PR19_Kit expert of long wings...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

I guess that's one way to build that crappy Minicraft kit ! I never realized how much the conopy does look U-2ish.....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Not bad at all, but that's pretty much what Kelly Johnson did to make the U-2 anyway.  :thumbsup: :bow:

That canopy looks a lot better that the rubbish Minicraft U-2 canopy. For some reason that one's about half the correct height!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Dizzyfugu

That Hurricane looks nice - the Netherland's paint scheme is very unique, gotta try/use it sometime, too...

NARSES2

That is nice Nils, thanks for posting. I've done a Dutch Hurri but it was in standard RAF markings and had the Orange Triangles so I may well "copy" this one

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 14, 2013, 01:55:39 AM
- the Netherland's paint scheme is very unique, gotta try/use it sometime, too...

It is isn't it, especially the undersides ? I like it and have used it on a couple of Dutch What If's. I think that the big model shop at/near Schipol had White Ensign make up Dutch camouflage colours for them but you can only get them from Holland ?

The new Airfix Mk I, when released, may well release an lot of late 30's wifs from me. Already plan a Greek one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

The cammo can be easily "replicted" with Humbrol enamels - already did some research/trials. My bet is 168 (the glorious RAF "Hemp"), 195 (Chromeoxide Green) and simple 10 (Gloss Brown, might be slightly tinted with some black). I have a Fokker XXIII in my stash that will end up this way, and also consider this livery for a Dutch whif conversion - even though the latter should be located in the East Indies, so that an Jongblad/Oudeblad livery would be more appropriate. But the three tones and the brown undersides just look SO cool...  :ph34r:

martinbayer

Nice prop driven version of the Ar-234 (well, as far as anything with props can be called 'nice'... ;D): http://www.flugzeugforum.de/threads/73546-Arado-Ar-Ta-235-N-0-Stachel

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: martinbayer on November 20, 2013, 08:13:28 AM
Nice prop driven version of the Ar-234 (well, as far as anything with props can be called 'nice'... ;D): http://www.flugzeugforum.de/threads/73546-Arado-Ar-Ta-235-N-0-Stachel

Can't see the pics unless you sign up, in German presumably.  ;D

They wouldn't let me in unless I spelt my surname with two 'n's at the end I bet.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

That's right, Flugzeugforum.de won't let you see their attachments unless you're signed in. You can see the pics of the (rather cool) whif on the builder's personal homepage, though.  :thumbsup: LINK!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?