WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Didn't the Matchbox RF Voodoo come with ladders ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Yes, but these are clumsy, to say the least.  :-\

Dizzyfugu

Some fuel for thoughts, as the Independent Scottish Air Force has been an issue here recently:

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2013/12/scotland-asking-right-fighter/

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

Pretty plain, but nice nonetheless !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

NARSES2

I'd like to see that built and shown at a show. You'd have to have the photographic backup that's for sure  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lenny100

ok lest try and id the car and i will try a build it up
i think its a 1980 eara ford station wagon
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

eatthis

Quote from: lenny100 on January 02, 2014, 11:34:13 AM
ok lest try and id the car and i will try a build it up
i think its a 1980 eara ford station wagon

looks more like a coupe than a station wagon to me.
what was the mad max car? falcon?
custom made pc desks built to order (including pc inside the the desk)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop

http://tinypic.com/m/hx3lmq/3

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 14, 2013, 07:36:10 AM
The cammo can be easily "replicted" with Humbrol enamels - already did some research/trials. My bet is 168 (the glorious RAF "Hemp"), 195 (Chromeoxide Green) and simple 10 (Gloss Brown, might be slightly tinted with some black). I have a Fokker XXIII in my stash that will end up this way, and also consider this livery for a Dutch whif conversion - even though the latter should be located in the East Indies, so that an Jongblad/Oudeblad livery would be more appropriate. But the three tones and the brown undersides just look SO cool...  :ph34r:

I've read that Humbrol's Hu-113 Rust is a good match for the brown.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

IMHO: no. Humbrol 113 is very reddish and too light - the Netherland's Brown is a deep chocolate tone, AFAIK, and Humbrol 10 is a very good match. It's also recommended by IPMS Sweden.

Captain Canada

That tank bridge-layer is just awesome ! Look at all that detail !

:wub:

Nice find

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 02, 2014, 11:59:53 PM
IMHO: no. Humbrol 113 is very reddish and too light - the Netherland's Brown is a deep chocolate tone, AFAIK, and Humbrol 10 is a very good match. It's also recommended by IPMS Sweden.

Yup the brown used by the Dutch was very dark. I've used a White Ensign French colour in the past - Chocolate (good film as well  :wacko:) The model shop near Amsterdam airport does (or did) specific Dutch colours which were made by White Ensign for them. Unfortunately I'd retired and stopped traveling to Ijmuiden on a regular basis before they stocked it  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Just stumbled across this lovely Hawker Hunter abuse... The Hawker Huntsman C Mk.1

Linked from/found at http://gregers.fr.yuku.com/topic/2661/Finished-build-gallery-Hunter#.UtP_nfvfmmE