WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Now that's a neat one ! Love the look of it. I like how the Razorback version gives it the early war look. If I ever built one ( or drew one, or dreamt one ) it would have a diferent nose profile and nose gear, just to step away from the Me262.

Still very nice tho ! Thanks for finding it and definetley saving the idea.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Yeah, Me 262 immediately spings to mind, but according to Francois it was not really intended - just the way the thing turned out. On a real model the nose will probably be much less triangular than on a Me 262 - but I like the idea, too. I'd give it two small jet engines, though, side by side. And moving the man landing gear backwards would be tricky, too, but feasiblym, did something similar before.

Captain Canada

The nose gear looks good where it is, I'd just like to see it less 'German' I guess.

And I see what you mean by the triangular nose, just because the profile looks Me262 doesn't mean the overall shape would have to be the same.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Another one from FrancLab - a patriotic one  ;)

Dassault Rafale C Québec by Franclab, on Flickr

Madoc

That plus both the FOD creation of the gear right in front of the intake as well as the airflow disruption to the engine as the nosegear cycles.

Still though, it looks hellacool!
Madoc

Quote from: Captain Canada on April 30, 2014, 07:12:36 PM
The nose gear looks good where it is, I'd just like to see it less 'German' I guess.

And I see what you mean by the triangular nose, just because the profile looks Me262 doesn't mean the overall shape would have to be the same.

Wherever you go, there you are!

kerick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 01, 2014, 01:41:16 AM
Another one from FrancLab - a patriotic one  ;)

Dassault Rafale C Québec by Franclab, on Flickr

Very nice, now build one! Please!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Martin H

they had the airbus on the Farnborough stand at last years Hendon show
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

ericr

Quote from: The Rat on May 03, 2014, 01:32:48 PM
Some interesting stuff on the page of the West Middlesex Scale Modellers

excellent vautour wingless, and teletubbies !!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the Ju52 is hardly a whiff, I think it existed for "real"? but anyways, it is so beautiful it deserves being considered a whiff of course

zenrat

Once it was up to speed and the stabilisers were raised I guess the Vautour would be classed as a motorcycle.

This has been posted on the Australian Automotive Model Builders forum by Blatdriver.  I have given him directions to find this place and links to Stan Mott art.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Reminds of the old "Car Wars" tabletop days...  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Love the artwork on the 190 wings - a "wolf" in sheep's clothing ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

That is VERY well thought out and executed, well spotted Tophe.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

I like the French Canadian Rafale !

The other stuff is just crazy  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?