WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

Yeah - I like the 229.  How did you do the centre camo?  the squiggle pattern is fairly common at comps - that centre camo is so different

cheers

Bernie

zenrat

Looks like it's masked with netting.
How would you do the squiggles?  Freehand with an airbrush?  Texter?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

I'd assume that the center pattern was done with masking tape or a mesh fibre (maybe stockings?), and the swirls on the wings with window painting color as removable masks?

Jesse220

Captain Canada

Wow that's quite the machine ( and dio ) ! The pics are waaaay too big tho.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Go4fun

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 02, 2014, 08:53:08 AM
Wow that's quite the machine ( and dio ) ! The pics are waaaay too big tho.

:blink:
I Second that.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

I'm sure I've seen that diorama scene before somewhere. Was it at Telford one year with a Horton displayed on it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Uh, sorry for the large pics - not certain how to re-size themm at phoxim.de they are just 640x480 px and I thought this would appear the same way here, too. Yeah, I think the diorama scene has been part of one of the 2013 Whiffies submissions, with Luft '46 pusher in NMF.

perttime

Some forums resize pictures automatically to fit screen. One thing I've seen is forum tags that specify size.
Like:
img width=544 height=768]pic URL[/img]

(I left out the first bracket)
It might work here too.

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 02, 2014, 10:48:16 AM
I'm sure I've seen that diorama scene before somewhere. Was it at Telford one year with a Horton displayed on it?

Don't know about a Horton but yes the diorama has hosted another Luft 46 subject.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

ChernayaAkula

Are you thinking of slava_trudu's "Gustloffwerke" dio, perhaps? More pics here on whatifmodelers: LINK!

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kitbasher

That's the one  - I stand corrected.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Yes, that's the one I remember.

It is tailless, so close counts in my case.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit