WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Jesse220 on June 03, 2015, 01:15:32 PM
That Hikoki plane looks nice

Agreed. The 'plane in the jar needs a goldfish and then you could call it an art installation and flog it for a fortune  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Those last 3 are all great.
On one of the automotive model forums I frequent there was a long debate about the practicalities of submerging a model car in a fish tank.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

General consensus was IIRC that you could do it if you used the right paint or sealed the paint under the right clear.  The problem was you'd really want to weather it with one of the proprietary rusting treatments and all the ones that contain iron also involve acid.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 04, 2015, 08:39:19 AM
Heheheh, the Ultimate Zwilling!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Tophe will just ADORE it!
But as you say Thomas where would you put it once it's been built? It will have needed a mega work bench to build it on as well.
Ups, the Notify tool from here did not work and I just see this Bv222Z. I knew this one:

But the Skyraider Zwilling is a discovery, pleasant, thanks! (I will just have to turn it from a plane of the 1950s into a 1944 project).
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

How about this modified (supersonic) L-159?  :wub:

Captain Canada

Woah ! How cool is that ? Be a scale-o-rama possibility as well. Nice shape to be sure.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

172flogger

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 12, 2015, 02:53:26 AM
How about this modified (supersonic) L-159?  :wub:

Supersonic L-159 Sokol was real project from late sixties. Decades before L-159 ALCA.

jcf

Hmmm, I could see doing something similar with an F-5.

:thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Ya the first pic, the black model, sure looks like an F-5 ! That's probably why I like it so much  :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

;D

zenrat

So that's where those little AT-STs come from...
Fred

Captain Canada

That tankpache looks neat. I know it's not realistic but I really do like the look of it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Hey guys, check out this build of a Dehavilland Dh88 Comet from a Portuguese modeling forum:
http://forum.modelismo-na.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24670

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

JayBee

Wow, that Comet is superb.  :bow:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Those engine nacelles may not be aerodynamically wonderful but they sure look good!   :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit