WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Gondor on July 03, 2015, 03:59:48 AM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gondor

It is amazing how quickly common sense and a sceptical attitude towards "facts" deteriorate in this age of digitalism. I am afraid only a few people actually realize the power of companies like google - because they determine our reality, more than we are aware of. And those funny discussions about "real/fake" things is just amusing, esp. when you try to fathom the arguments.

Is there a Whiffing entry on wikipedia, BTW? Just in order to establish our art as "something real"...  ;)

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 03, 2015, 04:14:21 AM
Quote from: Gondor on July 03, 2015, 03:59:48 AM

Gondor

It is amazing how quickly common sense and a sceptical attitude towards "facts" deteriorate in this age of digitalism. I am afraid only a few people actually realize the power of companies like google - because they determine our reality, more than we are aware of. And those funny discussions about "real/fake" things is just amusing, esp. when you try to fathom the arguments.

Is there a Whiffing entry on wikipedia, BTW? Just in order to establish our art as "something real"...  ;)

Whiff which is apparently a baseball term  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Having had a snoop around the WarT hunder forum I was pleased to see that when it comes to quibbles over specifications the developers say:
Wikipedia is an unacceptable source and simply quoting their references is also unacceptable...provide Engineering Documents.  Engineering Drawings, Flight/Pilot Manual or Maintenance Manuals.  Or books that reference those sources and have pictures of the OEM Engineering Source documents.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

The King Cobra looks good ! Good visibility for deck handling as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2015, 04:35:37 AM
Having had a snoop around the WarT hunder forum I was pleased to see that when it comes to quibbles over specifications the developers say:
Wikipedia is an unacceptable source and simply quoting their references is also unacceptable...provide Engineering Documents.  Engineering Drawings, Flight/Pilot Manual or Maintenance Manuals.  Or books that reference those sources and have pictures of the OEM Engineering Source documents.

They HAVE to be kidding! Where do they think that such detailed information is going to come from in this day and age? They're 'simming' WWII aircraft for goodness sake!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

famvburg

It is also means to smell or sniff. I still don't understand why people have to add an extra F to "IF" anyway.

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2015, 06:18:10 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 03, 2015, 04:35:37 AM

They HAVE to be kidding! Where do they think that such detailed information is going to come from in this day and age? They're 'simming' WWII aircraft for goodness sake!

The internet.  ;D

Dizzyfugu

Another virtual tribute to a "local hero" - after I have built a 1:72 Airfix Hurricane in this peculiar pre WWII schem there turned up a CG version...

Old Wombat

Wow! :o

Someone's stalking you for ideas, mate! :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Which is ok if they give credit where it's due, but lifting it and portraying it as their own work is not on.

Though I guess they could claim some originality, as they reversed the Squadron marking... :rolleyes:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Actually, looking closer at it, isn't that a PantherG profile they've used top right? :blink:

Was yours based on PantherG's profile or did he base the profile on your build, Dizzy? :-\

Either way, he's stalking one of you. :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Both correct. The profile was the original idea/concept from Wenzel, and I did a 1:72 "Policane" based on it. And now it's flying in simulators...