WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombolt

Is that after the Hygogg Crab Dinner?

Dizzyfugu

Tophe will certainly like this one (note the mix of radial and in-line engines!), it has potential:

Found in the Ukrainian "Alternative History" Forum: https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Falternathistory.com%2Ffantastik-plastik&edit-text=

Logan Hartke

That is very cool, very Crimson Skies.

Cheers,

Logan

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 18, 2016, 06:24:26 AM
A whif of a different kind:

No swimming... by John Howe, on Flickr

A Draconian approach taken by the authorities in the Buxton Pavilion Gardens ... or just a sense of humour in the local model boat club?

The latter: I know somebody who knows somebody who built that.  Last I heard he was building an RC iceberg because somebody else in the club was doing the Titanic.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 10, 2016, 03:32:41 AM

There's, for instance, also this pretty P-38 turboprop evolution:

Cool stuff!  :thumbsup:

Didn't somebody on here make a model like this using T-33 parts?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

I kept thinking about doing one of those with a kit I had a while back, and seeing those pics of the P-38 with turbo props, has made me want to do one now. I have a turbo P-47 and A-26, so why not eh. They look awesome too.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on April 22, 2016, 02:05:27 AM

No swimming... by John Howe, on Flickr

A Draconian approach taken by the authorities in the Buxton Pavilion Gardens ... or just a sense of humour in the local model boat club?

The latter: I know somebody who knows somebody who built that.  Last I heard he was building an RC iceberg because somebody else in the club was doing the Titanic.... :wacko:

I hope that fin has a speaker in it playing the music.  Der dum.  Der dum.  Der dum der dum der dum der dum etc.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ChernayaAkula

<...> Last I heard he was building an RC iceberg because somebody else in the club was doing the Titanic.... :wacko:

Now that's just hilarious!  ;D  :lol:  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Dizzyfugu

<...> Last I heard he was building an RC iceberg because somebody else in the club was doing the Titanic.... :wacko:

There's even a video proof of this popular "encounter": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WZNx5Fww40

Love the idea!  :lol:

ericr

The latter: I know somebody who knows somebody who built that.  Last I heard he was building an RC iceberg because somebody else in the club was doing the Titanic.... :wacko:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I can only cheer loudly  ;D

PR19_Kit

More Titanic stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs9w5bgtJC8#t=9676.6308089

An incredible piece of CGI of the Titanic sinking in REAL time, so it goes on for 2 hrs and 40 mins! The sound effects are awesome, are very eery toward the end too. And even weirder, there are no people in the entire vid, although you can hear them.

[Later] Try as I might I CAN'T get this to load at the start of the vid, so you'll have to slide the marker to the left and then hit Play.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Jesse220

Quote from: Weaver on April 22, 2016, 02:08:02 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 10, 2016, 03:32:41 AM

There's, for instance, also this pretty P-38 turboprop evolution:

Cool stuff!  :thumbsup:

You know I find the P-38 Evolution amusing

Didn't somebody on here make a model like this using T-33 parts?

kitnut617

Someone's gotta build that ----   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

Stumbled across this interesting Cold War interpretation of MiG-29 satellite images:

Interesting aircraft, if not pretty, nevertheless - a creative mix of MiG-23, -25 and -29 elements.  :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

^ Looks like someone wanted to build a YF-17 Cobra out of a Foxbat kit.  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?