WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Looks as if they have gone through your flicker album Dizzy

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

I note that several (all?) of them give credit to redstar72 for assisting them in their editing.

I, also, note that redstar72 is an active member on this site (well, his profile has his last activity/log-on as being "April 02, 2016, 12:47:23 PM").

:cheers:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

I assume it's the same person, though. I am just amused to watch how things get to start a "life on their own", and as long as the artwork source is given I am fine. I am just surprised that noone ever asked or made a comment at FlickR - after all, I can see there who visits what picture, that how I became aware of the whif's "second life".  :blink:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Sticky Fingers

Alternathistory.com had my Kampfadler on there, too, some time ago. I sent them an email, explaining that they had not asked for permission to use the image. The page now has the same story they had come up with, but instead of my photo they have a link: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,32859.0.html

:rolleyes:

Dizzyfugu

While googling I stumbled across this here...

I should feel flattered, because it was inspired by this:  :rolleyes:

1:72 Supermarine Spitfire F Mk. 24, aircraft "65" (s/n 50-0751) of 21st FS, 4th FG, Chinese Nationalist Air Force (CNAF); Formosa, ca. 1952 (Whif/Special Hobby Boss kit) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

At least, the inspirational source was quoted. More (incl. pics) here: http://live.warthunder.com/post/434919/en/

It's a bit scary that people are actually flying around with a whif creation in a simulator?  :party:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 03, 2016, 03:15:21 AM

It's a bit scary that people are actually flying around with a whif creation in a simulator?  :party:

I'd class it as an honour actually.  :thumbsup:

An FS friend of mine in the US has been building an FSX version of the PR19 for some years now, but the M$ flight model makes it very difficult to get up to the correct 75000 ft max. altitude.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Lurking over at ifunny in today's featured-
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

ericr

Quote from: scooter on June 03, 2016, 08:39:56 AM
Lurking over at ifunny in today's featured-

I do approve this  :drink: :cheers: :party:

dumaniac

NARSES2

Quote from: dumaniac on June 03, 2016, 05:41:29 PM
beetle on a pin - superb !

Wonderfull.  ;D :bow: I wonder how many notice ?

Reminds me of the telescope set at 5 year old height in the Greenwich Royal Observatory. Has (or had) a sign which said" look through here and see the farthest planet out in the Solar System". If you looked through it, yes I did get down on my knees, you saw cartoon Pluto  ;D ;D Kids were walking away with smiles a mile wide  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.