WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 06, 2016, 02:12:12 AM
alternathistory.com struck again... they seem to run out of their own ideas?  :blink:

This time, an alternative look at the/my F-109:

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Falternathistory.com%2Ffantastik-plastik&edit-text=

Well, ya gotta admit, it's kinda hard for most imaginations to keep up with just your model out-put, let alone exceed it &/or keep up with the whiff fermentation going on in your skull! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

That's pretty wild Dizzy !

And the beetle on the pin is too funny

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 06, 2016, 08:54:18 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 06, 2016, 02:12:12 AM
alternathistory.com struck again... they seem to run out of their own ideas?  :blink:

This time, an alternative look at the/my F-109:

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Falternathistory.com%2Ffantastik-plastik&edit-text=

Well, ya gotta admit, it's kinda hard for most imaginations to keep up with just your model out-put, let alone exceed it &/or keep up with the whiff fermentation going on in your skull! ;D

I guess they feel as if they had struck gold... the forum ain't bad, lots of sinpirational stuff - both fictional and real. It's just fun to see what becomes of my own ideas, and as long as the source is quoted, everything is fine. Wonder what comes next, the F-109 was rather unexpected!

Old Wombat

Dizzyfugu

Yes? In fact, the authors at alternathistory.org do not copy/paste, they make up a different story. I could quibble about having the pics downloaded and re-hosted on a different server, but I like the spirit of their work and quoting several relevant sources, including those of pics and illustrations. There are worse cases.  ;)

tahsin

Say, Redstar72 is also active at Secret Projects where they have the need to support their word with proof. I doubt they would claim ownership. The only downfall of that site is that machine-translation wrecks so many good ideas and they do not have enough topics.

Dizzyfugu

Yup, the google translater certainly has its limits.

loupgarou

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 08, 2016, 01:23:45 AM
Yup, the google translater certainly has its limits.

Yeah, what worries me is the word "edible" in the same post as Dizzy. I hope nodoby arrives at Dizzy's home with a larg ketchup pot... :o ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Superb build, but I wonder how it lands and takes off...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 16, 2016, 06:48:34 AM

You're right, Kit! :o

It needs floats! ;D

Captain Canada

Very cool for sure. No room on either end for a tricycle arrangement, I guess it would need floats !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 16, 2016, 06:48:34 AM

Taking off is easy- fling it off the bow of a ship on a catapult.  Landing?  Hope the pilot can swim :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng