WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

...and another Ukrainian take on a whif, this time the recent SAAB J27:

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Falternathistory.com&edit-text=

Wonder where the line drawings come from, esp. the one with the butterfly tail?

loupgarou

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 06, 2016, 01:21:58 AM
...and another Ukrainian take on a whif, this time the recent SAAB J27:

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Falternathistory.com&edit-text=

Wonder where the line drawings come from, esp. the one with the butterfly tail?
Obviously, from the book in the Secret Projects series dedicated to you! It's a special limited ukrainian edition.  ;D

Dizzy, only when I try to open your latest links, I get a Google window that wants me to accept all sort of things in order to view your links. It only happens with you, otherwise google translate works normally.
I refuse to give google permission to send my sons to work in an uranium mine and things like that, so I am cut away from your ukrainian "friends".  <_<
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

Hmm, I am sorry for that - I am uncertain where the problem lies, though, since I just copy the Google Translater link (and for me anything works fine?).
Maybe you have high(er) local security standards in your browser (which is never a bad thing...)?
Anyone else get error or security messages?  :unsure:

Dizzyfugu

I cross-checked the phenomenon - I use Firefox, and when I load alternathistory.org through the google translator I get a small popup message at the top of the screen that the website has not been accessed thrrugh the original URL - that makes sense, since phishing websites use this trick to lure visitors astray. But it's just a safety message, not a true error or a security risk, as far as I can tell.
Therefore I assume that the bigger issues are the result of a certain browser software and/or a local security setting or firewall issue, so that the translated website cannot be properly displayed.

loupgarou

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 06, 2016, 06:09:31 AM
I cross-checked the phenomenon - I use Firefox, and when I load alternathistory.org through the google translator I get a small popup message at the top of the screen that the website has not been accessed thrrugh the original URL - that makes sense, since phishing websites use this trick to lure visitors astray. But it's just a safety message, not a true error or a security risk, as far as I can tell.
Therefore I assume that the bigger issues are the result of a certain browser software and/or a local security setting or firewall issue, so that the translated website cannot be properly displayed.

No, what I get is a GOOGLE pup-up, that blocks  the site till/if I accept their conditions:

"Bevor Sie fortfahren

Gemäß den geltenden Datenschutzgesetzen bitten wir Sie, sich kurz Zeit zu nehmen und die wichtigsten Punkte der Datenschutzerklärung von Google durchzulesen. Dabei geht es nicht um von uns vorgenommene Änderungen, sondern darum, dass Sie sich mit den wichtigsten Punkten vertraut machen sollten. Sie können Ihre Einwilligung jederzeit mit Wirkung für die Zukunft widerrufen.

Dieser Schritt ist erforderlich, damit Sie auf die Google-Dienste zugreifen können." und blah und blah etc
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

loupgarou

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 06, 2016, 11:39:50 PM
:unsure:

Noch nie gesehen...

Pushed from having seen Kit's use of screengrabbing, I looked up how to do it.
Here is what I get rom Dizzy's links:  :banghead:

perttime

Quote from: loupgarou on September 08, 2016, 06:45:25 AM
Google asking you to read the main points of their privacy statement. They sometimes do that. There seems to be a language selection in the popup.

loupgarou

Quote from: perttime on September 08, 2016, 08:02:15 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on September 08, 2016, 06:45:25 AM
Google asking you to read the main points of their privacy statement. They sometimes do that. There seems to be a language selection in the popup.

Yes, I know. I can read german and had seen the language button. It's just I don't want to authorize Google do do anything. :angry:

perttime

Profiles of a Brewster Buffalo with a Merlin and what looks like Malcolm Hood, and Napier Heston Racer with a Griffon ... and its fighter development Heston Razor.

http://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/wi-no-hawker-hurricane.360676/page-5

Captain Canada

Neat stuff ! I like the Wolverine !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Madoc

I like the concept of an up-engined Buffalo but marrying a Merlin to that airframe would be some kinda special trick.  The Buffalo was set to fit a Wright R-1820 which was about 54 inches wide.  A Merlin was all of 30 inches.  Perhaps instead of the chin radiator scoop the airscoops could be placed on either side of the engine to make up that two foot difference...
Wherever you go, there you are!

Captain Canada

Good point, and somat ( I for sure ) not thought of when looking at a side profile.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

perttime

Quote from: Madoc on September 09, 2016, 01:31:37 PM
I like the concept of an up-engined Buffalo but marrying a Merlin to that airframe would be some kinda special trick.  The Buffalo was set to fit a Wright R-1820 which was about 54 inches wide.  A Merlin was all of 30 inches.  Perhaps instead of the chin radiator scoop the airscoops could be placed on either side of the engine to make up that two foot difference...
Wikipedia has a 3-view, including an SVG file which should make editing easy. The engine is the widest spot but the rest doesn't look exactly skinny either.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Brewster_F2A-1_Buffalo_fighter.svg