WHIFS from other forums

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 23, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Quote from: loupgarou on September 08, 2016, 10:24:18 AM
Quote from: perttime on September 08, 2016, 08:02:15 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on September 08, 2016, 06:45:25 AM
Pushed from having seen Kit's use of screengrabbing, I looked up how to do it.
Here is what I get rom Dizzy's links:  :banghead:
Google asking you to read the main points of their privacy statement. They sometimes do that. There seems to be a language selection in the popup.

Yes, I know. I can read german and had seen the language button. It's just I don't want to authorize Google do do anything. :angry:

That popup doesn't ask you to authorize anything. It asks you to read their privacy statement. Clicking OK doesn't change any settings, it doesn't change how Google handles your information.

zenrat

Quote from: Madoc on September 09, 2016, 01:31:37 PM
I like the concept of an up-engined Buffalo but marrying a Merlin to that airframe would be some kinda special trick.  The Buffalo was set to fit a Wright R-1820 which was about 54 inches wide.  A Merlin was all of 30 inches.  Perhaps instead of the chin radiator scoop the airscoops could be placed on either side of the engine to make up that two foot difference...

So what you are saying is that the front of a Buffalo is almost wide enough for a pair of Merlins mounted side by side and geared to a single prop... :wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: Hobbes on September 10, 2016, 01:38:28 AM

That popup doesn't ask you to authorize anything. It asks you to read their privacy statement. Clicking OK doesn't change any settings, it doesn't change how Google handles your information.

There are ALWAYS hidden small-font clauses in insurance contracts, Google statements and suchlike from  other criminal organizations. :wacko:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

My secret Ukraine fan club struck again, twice in the meantime, with a new interpretation of my kitbashed Hütter Hü 324 bomber and the modernized Vickers Wellesley GR.IV (both links go through the g00gle-translator page):

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Falternathistory.com%2Ftaxonomy%2Fdizzyfugu&edit-text=

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Falternathistory.com%2Ftaxonomy%2Fdizzyfugu&edit-text=

kerick

Somebody really likes your stuff! At least I saw your name.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

loupgarou

It looks like the site is based on your builds, Dizzy!  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Is that anything like 'Alternative + Shiny!'??

Gotta luv anything 'Shiny'...

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: kerick on October 01, 2016, 08:06:34 AM
Somebody really likes your stuff! At least I saw your name.

Got the impression, too, and I keep them monitored. So far, 25(!) of my builds/photo series found their way there.  ;)

kerick

You have a fan club!
Do they know about this site I wonder?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

I am not certain - but the focus of alternathistory.org is rather bended reality and history than modelling.
I think the fascination for my builds comes with the additional background stories, and not the models themselves.

zenrat

Could be a religion forming.

A study of the historical documentary "Life of Brian" will show you the signs to watch out for.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

But I do not wear sandals...?

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.